LegacyGT.com

If there were no Legacy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was all set to purchase a bmw 525iT - there are very few desirable wagons out there. Add good handling, and its slim pickin's. The A4 and 3er are too small. Oh, and I almost forgot, I don't buy automatics, so finding a manual, good handling, good looking wagon is extremely difficult.

I would have kept my old 1990 leggy a few more years.

No Subaru as an option?

Saab 9-2x (yes I know it's a Subaru, but it was actually top of my list when i bought the Leggy)

Chysler 300M or 300C

Dodge Magnum

Saturn Aura

Chevy Malibu (new body)

HHR SS or HHR 2.4 manual

Saab 9-5

this is out to left field but have any of you guys ever considered the lincoln MKS??

it's a little outside the legacy price range but it seems like a pretty decent car on paper, and i think the styling isnt' half bad. but i have no idea how it drives. opinions?

Audi S4. That is what I originally wanted because of the V8. But, I got a good deal on the LGT, and it was something more affordable for me.

After hearing, though about repair costs for Audi and their general reliability, I'm glad I went with Subaru. If no LGT existed I'd look into an '09 WRX. Better handling and faster too (265hp vs. 243hp).

V8 newb here, i've only driven 4x4's with v8's before, I am thinking about an RS4 or an S4, what is the power delivery like? I am assuming they dont rev up as quick as 4 or 6's? I'm sure there are people on here that have driven Audi v8's before, what are they like? And yeah i know not really the right place to post but i don't think this warrants a new thread.

You would be supprised at how fast a well built v8 will rev. Even if it doesnt you will feel the power instantly. The new zr1 makes over 300hp at idle with out the supercharger in play since at idle it isnt making any boost. Thats instant power, making decent numbers before you even start to move

V8 newb here, i've only driven 4x4's with v8's before, I am thinking about an RS4 or an S4, what is the power delivery like? I am assuming they dont rev up as quick as 4 or 6's? I'm sure there are people on here that have driven Audi v8's before, what are they like? And yeah i know not really the right place to post but i don't think this warrants a new thread.

newer S4's (04 and up) have 340 hp

RS4 has 420 hp..

Archived