LegacyGT.com

The STI bbs thread

lawl

Yes that was a cheap shot.

If you read that thread you would see that there is a lot of debate over powdercoating wheels. This will be my 3rd set of powdercoated wheels but the first set of forged wheels I've had done. I'm pretty sure mine were done at 390* for a fairly short time. I'm going to find out from the coater what they have to say, but I'm not worried one bit. And I am certainly not the first person in this thread to have their BBS powdercoated.

cast wheels and forged wheels are completely different process

but if you feel safe to drive on baked forged wheels...then so be it

They all say use the chemical dip method, not the bake method to avoid problems...

and wheels do deteriorate/have a mileage on them

04 STi BBS are like 7 years old. I'd be more worried about the structural integrity of them.

I'd rather drive on newly made wheels then one's with who-knows-how-many miles on them

That's pretty funny. But what would you expect to hear from a guy who sells wheels.

Come to think of it, the wheels did seem pretty fragile even before I coated them. I had better ask Rao what he thinks.

Oh man I'm really worried now. I was just thinking about the fact that my OEM wheels are coming up on 6 years old and 6 years being powdercoated. I guess I had better retire them soon (no pun).

That's pretty funny. But what would you expect to hear from a guy who sells wheels.

Come to think of it, the wheels did seem pretty fragile even before I coated them. I had better ask Rao what he thinks.

Lol.

There's absolutely no problem powdercoating wheels.

They look sick.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

What's the going rate for a set of these? I've got a line on a set for about $800 with tires (not sure what type of tires yet). Actually, I haven't even seen the wheels yet at all, but curious about pricing

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

What's the going rate for a set of these? I've got a line on a set for about $800 with tires (not sure what type of tires yet). Actually, I haven't even seen the wheels yet at all, but curious about pricing

I think it really depends on the condition they are in. Probably anywhere from $500-1100 is reasonable. 800 sounds like a good deal depending on how they look, as well as what/how good the tiers are. I would say jump on it!! These are rare, and are becoming harder and harder to find. :)

If you're my brother, $240 with tires from a friend's sti :mad:.

I need to find me a set.

I got me a set for $450 with about 30% tread left on some bridgestone potenza's.

but it you look back a few pages, you can see that they were drilled, so I got rid of them. looking for a new set now... :icon_frow

I'm into mine $920 with powdercoat.

~ $1500 with new tires, lugs etc...

How do you beat that for a forged 16.5# set of wheels? You don't...

I was in a similar boat i got mine for $960 with new winter tires and sold those tires for $280. I then had them powder coated and got new tires totaled $1,200 for basically a new set of wheels and tires :cool:

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol: