LegacyGT.com

The STI bbs thread

lawl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I got a buddy who is letting his 04 STI get repo'd because he owes 16k on the car and it needs a $3500 engine rebuild. Anyway, he is gonna let me steal the rims and new Michelins in trade for my stock rollers. He just wants the car to roll but I read earlier that the stock 05 LGT wagon wheels wont fit over the STI Brembos. I guess what Im asking is if I scavenge the rims and brakes, can I just swap out the factory leggy rotors and calipers on the STI and bolt the STI setup onto the leggy?
what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

well of course I want to but unfortunately, this kinda has to happen one wheel at a time as the swap goes on. I guess I could just leave my stock rotors and calipers on until I get everything together to do the STi Brembo swap. but Id eventually have to put my factory rotors and calipers onto the STi and Im still not 100% on whether that would bolt up or not. Maybe this is something that is gonna have to wait til I have more time and am not rushed to get it together...
what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

Bump... anyone know if the 04 STi and 05 LGT wagon rotors and calipers are interchangable without any modification? I assume they are butI dont want any surprises along the way. Thanks in advance!

-Mike

you shouldnt have an issue getting the brembo on. there's threads where people swap them on. I think you need a different bracket for the rears. Couldn't tell you if ours fit on the sti. I'm assuming they do since wrx owners put the fronts on as an upgrade. Edited by thestratomaster

I called a few Subbie performance shops around here and they are pretty confident that the fronts are 100% interchangeable between the 2 cars but they think the backs might require a special bracket...

womp womp womp!

KNS brakes is a great supplier and can be of assistance big time!

I know this as they have just re-upped me for my Brembo set-up with new rotors and pads...this has been an awesome set-up for over 4 years now for me!

J

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...