LegacyGT.com

The STI bbs thread

lawl

HELP!!! Anyone knowledgeable in wheels. So I bought some sti bbs wheels last weekend and for some dumb reason it did not cross my mind when he told me they were off his '05 sti. They were drilled for 5x114 as you would expect, but someone (who owned them before me) actually drilled them for at 5x100 BY THEMSELVES!!! My question is, are they structurally sound? I'm kinda weary about them - I'm thinking about taking them into a shop to ask someone but I just want to see if I can get anyone on here's input first... I would greatly appreciate it!!!

IMG00361-20110512-0059.thumb.jpg.e5ef7c2af0aee0fb29c16033384dedda.jpg

^ Ive never seen that also I def would NOT put those on my car. I do not think they would be structurally sound as they are/were forged wheels but who knows I am no expert.

What a moron though who owned them before you, I have seen some stupid things but Wow thats up there !!

Edited by BigBlack-V
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Being a little whore-ish today. :p

That first pic looks fan-freakin-tastic.

I want a set of silver BBS's bad.

Oh, and I would remove those wheels immediately. That is NOT safe. Not even in the most remote sense of the word. Not at all. Those wheels are now garbage.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Thanks for all the input you guys! I have taken them off and I am going to get them checked out. Hopefully I can sell them to someone with 5x114.

@CT08Spec.B - I was the moron that bought them tho!! I don't know why, but I didn't look that closely at the lug patterns before yesterday. Even when I put them on at first I didn't really suspect anything was wrong. I just thought it came that way from the factory with the two different patterns and they were chewed up a bit, later to find out he drilled the 5x100... :mad: I was kinda of leery before I bought them too because he told me they were from an '05. Damn it!!

Selling them, I asked around a few places and they all said that the wheels are still structurally sound and can be run on the 5x114 but definitely not the 5x100. Hopefully I can find some dumb fool such as myself to buy them. :lol:

I'm thinking $500 trade, OBO.

I blew a tire this morning, bending a rim in the process..

Now looking for a single BBS wheel, in 5x100.. not drilled 5x100. ;)

Anyone have one up for sale? has to be straight.

I blew a tire this morning, bending a rim in the process..

Now looking for a single BBS wheel, in 5x100.. not drilled 5x100. ;)

Anyone have one up for sale? has to be straight.

Why don't you just get it fixed instead?

I agree just find a place that fixes bent wheels im sure if its not too bad it will prob cost less than $100

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Yeah, there's only one shop here that fixes them and I wouldn't trust them.

I called them this morning and I'm looking at end of July before I can get in with them anyways..

Edited by Claw

^ :eek: 2 months to fix one wheel gees they cant be that busy :rolleyes:

Yeah, well only shop in town.. all the dealers and body shops use them and they get priority, so the consumer is left to the end.

You'd think wheel repair isn't that complicated or I'd start my own.... hrmm..

Does anyone know (ballpark) how much it might cost to get mine fixed and ready to sell? By that I mean welding in aluminum inserts cleanly. I will then probably get them PC'd. I have a friend who can hook me up for like $20 per.

IMG00361-20110512-0059.thumb.jpg.96211ac80950fe484e1365bc06eabe0d.jpg

The integrity of the wheel has already been compromised, I wouldn't bother.

Consider it a lesson learned and take them to a metal recycler or something.. if the guy that buys them loses a tire/wheel and gets a quick trip to the pearly gates you wouldn't want to be associated with it.

Just my 2 cents.. sorry.

The integrity of the wheel has already been compromised, I wouldn't bother.

Consider it a lesson learned and take them to a metal recycler or something.. if the guy that buys them loses a tire/wheel and gets a quick trip to the pearly gates you wouldn't want to be associated with it.

Just my 2 cents.. sorry.

Well, that's what I thought too but I took them to multiple shops and they all said they are still structurally sound. One actually being my uncle who I completely trust and he has been in the wheels business for over 25 years. He would not tell me they are still structurally sound if they weren't.

I was thinking about junking them too and learning a valuable lesson because I definitely don't want to jip anyone and have them end up getting hurt, but the shops I asked say otherwise. :confused:

**** that, hes the idiot who didnt inspect his purchase. one glance at those and you can see they were garbage

this is true, but I feel like the guy still should've mentioned, oh hey, I ****ed these up

Bolt spacing is an important thing that shouldnt be overlooked. they were engineered specifically for a reason.

truth