LegacyGT.com

Spec B vs. Legacy GT

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My JDM 3.0R specB came with a Thorsen heavy duty LSD. Not that I notice if it's better than the LGT model.

Here, the difference is the following: 18" wheels, Bridgestone RE050A rubber (225-40), Bilstein suspension, Thorsen LSD, SI Drive, small rocker panel chrome strip, small mud flaps, and gas milage that sucks balls.

On the other hand, this thing is an absolute joy to drive. My friends with the 2000 MY LGT RSK and Blitzen talk about "heat soak" because of the TMIC. I laugh because I have torque from 1500 to 6300 RPM. Just even thrust. Like a John Holmes movie.

My JDM 3.0R specB came with a Thorsen heavy duty LSD. Not that I notice if it's better than the LGT model.

Here, the difference is the following: 18" wheels, Bridgestone RE050A rubber (225-40), Bilstein suspension, Thorsen LSD, SI Drive, small rocker panel chrome strip, small mud flaps, and gas milage that sucks balls.

On the other hand, this thing is an absolute joy to drive. My friends with the 2000 MY LGT RSK and Blitzen talk about "heat soak" because of the TMIC. I laugh because I have torque from 1500 to 6300 RPM. Just even thrust. Like a John Holmes movie.

225/40/18 stock? Do you know if the speedo gears are different, or is the difference in wheel diameters negligible?

For what it's worth, I'll be putting my Spec B up for sale tomorrow (Thursday). Absolutely nothing wrong with it, it's been an awesome car - need something a little bigger and spending too much money on my busa! Anyway, just trying to generate interest for tomorrow!!! (All the details tomorrow)

I heard that the spec b has soo much grip that everytime you hit the gas, the rotation of the earth slows a little :spin:

Depending, of course, on the direction you're travelling in. If you accelerate in the opposite direction wouldn't you be speeding up the rotation? :lol: :lol: ;):spin:

Is this why GW changed daylight savings? To off set the release of the spec b? Hmmmm.... sounds like a conspiracy to me! :eek::spin::lol: :lol:

:lol: at the Holmes movie comment!

Dam, you took the words out of my mouth. My dream cars:

- Brat with lift kit (would settle for another Baja thought if a lift kit came out)

- SVX

- Spec B

Not nessarrly in that order :).

I am 80% toward my SpecB project as well :).

I own 2 of the cars in that list, and they're both broken. :rolleyes:

Ironically, neither one is a Brat.

BTW, when will you be back up in WA?

I own 2 of the cars in that list, and they're both broken. :rolleyes:

Ironically, neither one is a Brat.

BTW, when will you be back up in WA?

After Dec 21 through ~jan 3.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived