LegacyGT.com

Spec.B - 2 days, 264 miles, engine goes buh bye.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's exactly what happened when we were traiding in the 98 Forester L for the 04 Forester XT. The wife just got a big sime while test driving it.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

That's exactly what happened when we were traiding in the 98 Forester L for the 04 Forester XT. The wife just got a big sime while test driving it.

I'm on this boat, too. :)

Winky was the dealership's demo. I took her out, by myself (the wifey had just gotten her Rex there, two weeks before), on a total whim, not expecting to like the car so much.

I found myself grinning after I floored her through the first two gears.

The dealer offered me another LGT, very similar to this one, for an even better price, actually.....but I'd fallen in love. :wub:

----

I don't think there is a person here that can say they are 100% all the time when they do their job, unfortunately we are human . I think the leagues of people on here enjoying their subys for the long haul should speak for itself.

+1. Well said.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I'm on this boat, too. :)

Winky was the dealership's demo. I took her out, by myself (the wifey had just gotten her Rex there, two weeks before), on a total whim, not expecting to like the car so much.

I found myself grinning after I floored her through the first two gears.

The dealer offered me another LGT, very similar to this one, for an even better price, actually.....but I'd fallen in love. :wub:

----

+1. Well said.

I had ordered my LGT 4 weeks before and her 98 L had the head gasket blow and had a bunch of other stuff needing done which would cost us about $4-5K (It was pushing 180K) and they had the 04 FXT on the lot that was a former loaner, which we had actually taken out before, and she just fell in love with it and we ended up buying both cars from them with in 2 weeks.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Picked it up tonight... The car came from a dealer in San Jose. Had 17 miles on the odo and I'm currently sitting at an IHOP 50 miles away from home. Small pit stop before continuing our mission to burn through its first tank of gas.... So far so good. BTW, the short-throw shifter makes a HUGE difference in the overall feel. I highly recommend it! Pics to follow at some point....

EddieSpecB: I'm jealous. My SWP 2.5i was hit by a drunk driver last Sunday, and I'm right now awaiting delivery on an 08 NBP LGT (yay for dealer demos).

Had to get the LGT for the same reason as vr4legacy and EddiSpecB, that test drive made me grin.

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Your car looks gorgous.

Picked it up tonight... The car came from a dealer in San Jose. Had 17 miles on the odo and I'm currently sitting at an IHOP 50 miles away from home. Small pit stop before continuing our mission to burn through its first tank of gas.... So far so good. BTW, the short-throw shifter makes a HUGE difference in the overall feel. I highly recommend it! Pics to follow at some point....

congrats, finally. glad it all worked out for you

Put 200 miles on her last night. It was everything that I hoped it would be. Made me forget the last 2 weeks.

My wife drove her to work this morning... I know, it's her present, but is it so wrong of me to be jealous of my own giving?

As long as it brings her the same smile everytime she puts her in gear, I can live with that. Am I really talking about a car, here? Oh the pain of selflessness...

EddieSpecB: I'm jealous. My SWP 2.5i was hit by a drunk driver last Sunday, and I'm right now awaiting delivery on an 08 NBP LGT (yay for dealer demos).

Had to get the LGT for the same reason as vr4legacy and EddiSpecB, that test drive made me grin.

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Your car looks gorgous.

I've been following your thread and I'm glad that both you're okay (sans the stiffness) and that you're joining the 2.5T family. :cool:

Also, that is the color I want my LGT if I get one. That and QSM are my favorite colors. SWP is my wife's, which explains why hers is.

I wish they'd bring back the wagon... One in that blue... mmmmmmmmm sex on wheels.

I've attached a couple of pics I took with my phone just before I left the dealership... It was a rainy night, which made the first drive even more fun.

:cool:

Congrats Eddie!

Glad it worked out for you. ;)

Be sure to come visit us in the PNW threads!

Cheers!

You installed a the SPT short shifter on the spec B? I thought the throws were already pretty short. Give a review when you get a chance.

It was optioned that way. They didn't charge us extra, even though we had gotten a decent discount on the original car (SOA "ate" the cost).

The difference is very noticeable. Throws are not only shorter, but the feedback you get when getting into each gear is more "positive" if that makes sense. You actually feel it going into the gear, almost like a gated shifter (thought it's not).

I love it. The original one felt kind of mushy and soft, which made me question if it really was in gear sometimes (I even made such comment during the test drive).

If anyone has been considering it, I highly recommend it.

Congrats on getting back on the road. Really love the STI STS - noticeable difference IME - very "gated" feeling that you've noted too.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

that sucks I'd get a new one thaat one probily was built on saturday overtime !! then on it's first test run by factory or dealear or the first test driver, ripped on it not warming it up it turbo ain't it. I kinda feel ya cause I got a much used legacy turbo that ran real good (exept it would stall sometimes) but then lost power and big noise after 3 days (did'nt expect that) cause it was running so good!!! but if it was new or almost new I'd want a different car. Man that sucks I'd a told them take it back and they would have to do alot of ass kissin, for me to even think of gettin a new onr or evin think about getting it fixed!!

Archived