LegacyGT.com

Spec.B - 2 days, 264 miles, engine goes buh bye.

Well my worst fears were realized today. Went to P&L today to get a stage 2 tune. Before we could even do any tuning we noticed a loud knocking noise from the engine. I spun a rod bearing! So I am currently waiting to tow he car to a dealer around here to start the warranty hassle. 13,000 miles, :(. I checked with the service guy at the dealer too last week and he confirmed my car was outside the stop sale. Ahhhh.

Damm that sucks! I cant speak for anyone else, but i can say Subaru (the dealership thats repairing the car, SOA, and SOC) is taking good care of me thru all of this. this should all be rather painless/ they already knew that our cars have bad motors.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damm that sucks! I cant speak for anyone else, but i can say Subaru (the dealership thats repairing the car, SOA, and SOC) is taking good care of me thru all of this. this should all be rather painless/ they already knew that our cars have bad motors.

Yeah, I didn't get the car in to them until later in the evening, so I'll find out tomorrow exactly what's going to occur. At least they set me up with a sweet PT Cruiser to drive in the meantime. :rolleyes: So do we know if these replacement engines are any better than what we have now?

The replacements should not have the same fault, per the manufacturing defect/QC "miss."

However, it's still just a mechanical component, and anything remains possible.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived