LegacyGT.com

Cobb Accessport & ECUTek Info LOOK HERE FIRST!

SUBE555

now get out there and flash that ecu~!
thanks for the encouragement! the ECU has been flashed like a mofo. took it for a spin afterwards and DAMN that just might be the best $650 I ever spent. I feel like I'm behind the wheel of a 911!

thanks again :)

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why "play it safe" and use the 91 octane map instead of the 93 octane map if you have consistent access to 93 octane?

Many users run the 91 octane map as their every day map even if they always use 93 octane, just to keep a safety margin for the sake of their engine life. You can switch to the R-T 93 octane map occasionally if you want to play.

But, if you're comfortable running the 93 all the time, then by all means do it.

i know the idea has been presented to them and they have economy maps for the WRX. I'm sure they'll make one eventually.

in the meantime i'm not too worried about it, i've seen no drop in fuel economy with the AP installed, and I dont know if a few extra miles to the gallon is woth detuning the engine to me.

I emailed Cobb on this about 3 months agao and the reply was "we're working on it". No timeline was given, and I suspect it is not a high priority for them.

Does anyone know how much fuel economy one gains on the WRX map?

I emailed Cobb on this about 3 months agao and the reply was "we're working on it". No timeline was given, and I suspect it is not a high priority for them.

Does anyone know how much fuel economy one gains on the WRX map?

here's what i found on nutsack: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755467&goto=nextnewest

looks pretty ineffective based on the first hand reviews.

thanks for the encouragement! the ECU has been flashed like a mofo. took it for a spin afterwards and DAMN that just might be the best $650 I ever spent. I feel like I'm behind the wheel of a 911!

thanks again :)

http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

here's what i found on nutsack: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755467&goto=nextnewest

looks pretty ineffective based on the first hand reviews.

http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Thanks, doesn't look too good.

nutsack: I love that, how appropriate :D

hey guys, when it comes to maps, we have alot on our plate right now to be making maps.

when we get our move done this summer the possabillity for more downloadable maps will become much easier to swallow from a time/benefit point of view.

btw, i'm a noob, parkers my name, cobb's phone man is my game. i'll be seeing you guys from time to time, i'm sure

come to the cobb meet this fall!!

That's disappointing to hear. After reading the post above it doesn't appear that Cobb is too committed to support development of new AP maps. I may have to reconsider purchasing an AP.

Is there any firther info on the ECUTek reflash product?

Is there any firther info on the ECUTek reflash product?

but doesn't the ECUTek reflash require you to use an ECUtek dealer, i.e., you can't do the reflashing yourself? I think part of the beauty of the AP is that you can hook it up yourself and change maps without having to reflash your ECU or go to a specialized dealer. I've had my AP for less than a week but I am very very impressed by the performance increase. There's always the option of buying the StreetTuner upgrade that allows you to create your own maps. So far I'm definitely impressed with the performance of the AP but like others am really really hoping for an economy map given the LGT is a guzzler and President Bush keeps letting gas prices go up.

It would be nice if the AP and StreetTuner maps could become "open source" so that others could develop and share maps (such as an economy map).

merlin, new maps is not somthing we wont do, it's just somthing more time consuming than most people would think.

map making for the ap is very involved, and it will require us to re-vamp our structure a little bit.

keep in mind we are a growing comany trying not to get over extended, when we have a four times larger shop to work in we will be able to do much more than you can currently think of.

we want to create maps like this, and more. but it's not somthing that will pop up next week, it is more likely to be a phase of work after we are comfortable in our new location.

the release of protuner should instantly effect the maps available for download. and street tuner maps can be shared by fellow users. we have a bigger plan than we cant completely cover now, but we are confident in our ability to make the consumer a more powerful entity in the subaru world.

access ecu is still young my subiholics

provoke a response, get one.

but doesn't the ECUTek reflash require you to use an ECUtek dealer, i.e., you can't do the reflashing yourself?

EcuTek will soon be releasing two new products that will compete with the Accessport/Streetuner.

Ez-ECU is a package which allows the customer to flash program a file into his own car.

Custom ECU is one major step further and allows editing of a ROM file prior to programming.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8776&highlight=pdxtuning

parkerqc8,

Thanks for coming here to reply. You should forward these requests to the decision makers at cobb. It seems there are many people on the fence about purchasing an AP. I have the money, and I'm prepared to spend it on an AP. However, future development of maps and a steady release cycle is an important decision for me.

thanks for listening, hopefully we will get an ETA for these new maps.

mlr

i was under the impression that stage 2 required a cat less uppipe? right now all i ahve is a cat back. am i safe to use stage 2? i figured i would use stage 1 but stage one says only for stock cars. i jsut recieved my ap in the mail today and plan to be back in town friday to play with my car!

i was under the impression that stage 2 required a cat less uppipe? right now all i ahve is a cat back. am i safe to use stage 2? i figured i would use stage 1 but stage one says only for stock cars. i jsut recieved my ap in the mail today and plan to be back in town friday to play with my car!
No and No Stage 2 just needs a full Turbo back (atleast a downpipe).

none

i have seen no gas mileage loss running AP stage 1 93 octane.

(the first tank might go by a little quicker - but only becuase you'll be punching it out of every stoplight with a sh!t eating grin on your face becuase your car is so much faster)

i know the idea has been presented to them and they have economy maps for the WRX. I'm sure they'll make one eventually.

in the meantime i'm not too worried about it, i've seen no drop in fuel economy with the AP installed, and I dont know if a few extra miles to the gallon is woth detuning the engine to me.

A buddy of mine just loaded the Eonomy map on his WRX last week. He has a long commute to work (mixed freeway/4-lane roads) and only saw 1 mpg over the Stage 1 93 octane base map he has loaded.

I loaded the Stage 1 93 base map over a week ago, and I did my regular 490-mile drive to Indiana today. Traffic conditions change on each trip, as does my speed, but even looking at it pessimistically, my mileage is down no more than 1/2 mpg compared to the same trip in the past. It's also warmer today than it's been for the other times that I've driven it. I would call it a wash on mpg with the AP loaded......all dependent on your right foot!

Ron

Let's see, 200+ miles on cruise control, it can be optimized to be more fuel efficient. If it's as easy as pressing a button.. why not?

Yep.

One thing that I have noticed on the LGT versus other cars that I've owned over the years is that there is a greater mileage difference between running at 70 mph versus 80 mph.

Running at 79-80 as I tend to do, I get 24.7-25.4 mpg under good conditions. When I get the speeds to 70 or lower, I get in the upper 26 up to 27.3 range. My SWAG is that the turbo is more in play over 70 mph, which happens to be 3K rpm on the 5MT. This is with driver-only, but with the car packed with "stuff".

Ron

i recently took a trip

about 200 miles of highway with a max of about 24mpg and then a few jaunts to 130mph brought it down to 22mpg. then to a car show where ppl wanted rides and i was about 21 mpg. then to an autocross and at the end of that i was at 19mpg. and then the trip back home about 175 miles it got back to 22mpg

how are you guys figuring out your avg MPG? Based upon the info display I'm averaging 15.9 mpg :(

i could have bought a Hummer...

holy crap man!

based on the trip computer, it usually tells me between 22 and 23mpg mostly city driving. At the pump (miles driven / gallons of gas put in) i usually find myself to be between .5 and 1 MPG lower than the display.

i've gotten as high as 28.5 on the highway with cruise set at 65.