LegacyGT.com

100k Mile Club

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
About to roll over to 100k been stage 2 since around 60k and still running stock clutch, alternator, and original turbo though the turbo is worn as hell its still functional. Only stuff that's broken are small things I've broken and aftermarket stuff like my old halos. Had 1 HID go out a bit ago. Oh yeah I had some pullys that were binding up a bit in the timing belt area causing that weird squelch/gurgle sound on startup but had those replaced when I got the timing belt replaced. Thus far still very happy with the leggy having such minimal problems. I am fully aware my clutch will go soon and my turbo is on its way out but being stage 2 its expected IMO and kinda my fault lol

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

104k and running perfectly. planning the timing belt, tensioner, and water pump soon. about to change the gear oil / diff oil / etc and motor oil again soon. Rear wheel bearings replaced with TSB at 98k, front control arm bushings switched to poly on everything up front over the winter. Only problem was the stock turbo @ 69k, but that was fixed quickly :)

170k and going strong.

hey anyone know how much it should cost JUST to replace the spark plugs? I forgot. car was in a few weeks ago for 60k service and they didn't have time for the plugs. gotta bring it back

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

170k and going strong.

hey anyone know how much it should cost JUST to replace the spark plugs? I forgot. car was in a few weeks ago for 60k service and they didn't have time for the plugs. gotta bring it back

They charged me 2.5 hours to do it (I brought the plugs) until I called them on it, and they reduced it to 1 hours time. I think $100-150 is a solid call on their part, not including plug prices.

$288 is what I paid. I'll take it. also found out that the last guys who installed plugs put the wrong size in. Ones they installed were too short.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 1 month later...
I just traded in my 96 legacy with 318000 miles for an 03 Legact GT with 90K, I hope it's as good as my last one. That thing was a tank, it still had ice cold air when I got rid of it. The only thing that didn't work was the parking brake, one of the cables snapped.

I just traded in my 96 legacy with 318000 miles for an 03 Legact GT with 90K, I hope it's as good as my last one. That thing was a tank, it still had ice cold air when I got rid of it. The only thing that didn't work was the parking brake, one of the cables snapped.

nice! I'm hoping for 300k on mine.

Nice, 300K on a 96 beats most. Makes my 240K on a 97 insignificant. My 05 is holding up well at 125K and I'm shooting for over 200. More parts to replace as the Turbo puts more strain on components.

I got 158,000 on my Outback XT and then lost number 4 cylinder. At this point I don't know if it is ringland or valve.

One thing with the turbo cars is that the exhaust valve seats are going bad at over 100,000. A friend of mine lost a head gasket and then found when they took the heads off the valve seats were out of spec.

Well mine would run above 2300 rpm but not below, so we think I lost a valve. From what my 20 year subaru mechanic friend is telling me that is a common problem even more so than the ringlands.

If you start to get misfire codes or roughness cylinder when checked with the AP, especially at idle, I would change injectors immediately and if that doesn't fix the problem its probably the valves at over 100K.

05 lgt 106k stage 2 replaced clutch/tob at 88k (my choice) did timing belt kit at 95k (my choice) oil pick-up at 90k also my choice. oem turbo alt tranny 3500 mi oil changes(penzoil plat) and spark plugs and diff fluids were changed as well following the service intervals. survived one car accident as well. Only real problem I had was a seized passenger brake caliper

Heads up everyone creeping to 100k, fred beans has a mega sale on the timing kit with the kevlar belt, people should really get on this.

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/gates-racing-subaru-timing-component-kit-s-with-kevlar-racing-timing-belt.html

This is some deal. I'm a year or so away from replacement so I'm hoping it gets offered again next May/June.

At 99k just did slotted rotors front n rear along with high performance brake pads all around. Cars in the shop now for timing belt n water pump along with a new radiator. Shortly after im going stage 2. Got my catless dp / up rdy just need to find a tmic cant wait !

Archived