LegacyGT.com

100k Mile Club

Just hit 100 K Monday. Front brakes at 66 K, rears at 95 K and the timing belt at 95 K (yeah, ahead of schedule). That's it aside from wiper blades and too many front headlights.

Oil changes ~ 7500 miles (but, it's an N/A).

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm at 167k now. getting ready to do the "60k" service. little late, but better than never.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Just scanning this thread, I am driving a puppy.

I hit 137 K in a previous Subaru before trading it in. Still good mechanically and the interior was also in good shape. The dashboard lights failed and I had some $ at the time so I said scr#w it and bought new. This was still a puppy compared.

87k miles, bought car w/ 15k mi, change oil w/ Synth every 4k & OEM filter, air filters every 15k, 41k Yoko Advan S4(ouch), 50k upgraded to LGT Brake setup Calipers, Hawk pads, SS lines, DBA Rotors FR & Rear, White line rear sway bar, 55K tranny oil flush, fr and rear diff oil changed, stg1 map, 65k Rear wheel bearings replaced under warranty(good for 100k), 87K getting ready for Mich Pro Pilot AS +(ouch), lube please getting fr and rear struts and shocks replaced before I die!! Then I'll go to stg2 CNT DP and cobb map. Then I'll be doing the belt at 95k lube again...........

b

151,000 and 2500 in the bank saved up for my new engine when it goes. Should have 5000 by end of June. I get a car allowance with my job and over mileage sooooo... I just decided to keep driving the car, save the car payment and mileage checks, and fix it the way I want it.

Its nice to have the car paid off and saving the money ahead of time :)

151,000 and 2500 in the bank saved up for my new engine when it goes. Should have 5000 by end of June. I get a car allowance with my job and over mileage sooooo... I just decided to keep driving the car, save the car payment and mileage checks, and fix it the way I want it.

Its nice to have the car paid off and saving the money ahead of time :)

good for you! I have my car paid off, but honestly I'm paying off my credit card which is sitting around $3k so I don't have any $$ saved up right now. car is going in on friday for its' 160k service. I'm hoping it gets an A+ and hope to continue driving it another 200k. :)

although filling up my tank today at costco cost me $54:mad:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

230k on my 98 GT.

The motor I swapped in is garbage and the transmission is rubbish.... Other than that, it's a great car!

I have a turbo forester 5speed for it, and working on an engine build.

Its not a Subaru but my beater car (99 accord) has 156k on it:)

Sorry Bucko, doesn't count. ;) LOL

It's a Honda, that's just past break'in.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...

Just over 115k in my '02.

RF wheel bearing. LF fog light bulb. RR caliper, pads, wipers. Bout it.

Going to have belt, tensinor, h2o pump replace in a month.

Would like to put KYB-GR2's and H&R springs in for my bday (30th). When I saw this on the lot in '05 I immediatly had a vision and I'm about ready to complete my vision.

Best car I've ever had. An intake, APEXI, short throw and a tune have made this the most economical, practical fun car to drive.

Just can't let the GF get confused, it's not for kids, it for bikes and lax equipment.

Best forum ever.

110K Miles here.

Regular maintenance -

Oil changes at 4K, synthetic.

Timing Belt and Water Pump as usual.

Pads and Rotors as usual.

Fog lamps replaced twice, head lamps 3 times.

Not so Regular.

• Batteries last 12-18 mos.
  • Leak in fuel lines inside the engine bay at 100K miles.
  • Leak in the coolant lines at 100K miles after the dealer put them back on improperly. Now at 110K miles still smell coolant burning but dealer can't find it.
  • Ongoing electrical problems since 50K miles.
  • Radio/HVAC stack replaced at 60K miles.
  • Both front axles replaced at 80K miles, right axle boot has already fallen off again.
  • Driver's seat heater DOA at 91K miles.
  • Bad O2 sensor at 50K and 90K miles.
  • Valves sticking on the turbo, ongoing from 50-70K miles. Stopped after dealer lubricated them.

I love the car, but I hate this car.

Not so Regular.

• Valves sticking on the turbo, ongoing from 50-70K miles. Stopped after dealer lubricated them.

I'd say. What is a turbo valve? The wastegate? I've never heard of any additional lubrication required on a turbo. Glad she's still generally running strong. I too have a love/hate with mine, but that's because she's modified. I'll post back here in another 40k when I can officially join you all.

I'd say. What is a turbo valve? The wastegate? I've never heard of any additional lubrication required on a turbo. Glad she's still generally running strong. I too have a love/hate with mine, but that's because she's modified. I'll post back here in another 40k when I can officially join you all.

It's really murky, it happened a few years ago. Basically my car was throwing CELs at random. They'd turn themselves off after a few hours or days. I took it to the dealer a few times and they could not figure it out. After quite a few miles the CEL went on and stayed on.

This time they found a few codes in the computer that made sense to them. I want to say they blamed a flapper valve? I'll have to pull the paperwork to be sure.

Archived