LegacyGT.com

100k Mile Club

so for a timing belt it looks like I'll be spending about $800-$1000. that sucks, but he'll also replacing the water pump and some other seals.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

95,000 miles here.

I've replaced the clutch twice, and pulled it out a third time to replace the clutch fork, all wheel bearings have had to be done, replaced the AC compressor, and a number of minor items.

Stock turbo until 75,000 miles when I fitted the AVO420 and was in great shape when it came off.

Oil changes every 3,750 miles, never used synthetic.

Car runs great !

Hey PhilT what other engine upgrades do you have? only mods I've done is some suspension but I've been thinking of a turbo upgrade when mine goes.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Hey PhilT what other engine upgrades do you have? only mods I've done is some suspension but I've been thinking of a turbo upgrade when mine goes.

Engine Specifications:

• 2.5 Litre Turbocharged

Engine Misc.:

• Perrin Lightweight Pulley
  • Sublte alternator cover
  • Cobb turbo heatshield

Turbocharger & Induction:

• AVO 420 turbo
  • AVO FMIC
  • K&N Typhoon Intake
  • GFB BOV 50/50
  • Prodrive BCS

Fuel & Tuning:

• Deatschwerks 740 cc injectors
  • AVO 245 l/h fuel pump
  • V2 Accessport, Protuned by Innovative Tuning

Exhaust:

• GT Spec Headers
  • GT Spec Up Pipe
  • PDE downpipe
  • Greddy SP2 Catback

Drivetrain:

• Eurodrive Kevlar clutch
  • ACT XACT streetlite flywheel
  • Cobb Short throw shifter
  • Cobb shifter bushings
  • STi transmission mount

Suspension, wheels & tires:

• Cusco F&R sway bars c/w Energy Suspension bushings
  • Cusco F&R lower arm bars
  • AVO LCA bushings
  • AVO RSB mounts
  • Cusco front strut bar
  • Swift Sport Mach Springs
  • Stoptech slotted brake rotors
  • Goodridge stainless brake lines.
  • GS 610 Brake fluid.
  • Carbotech XP10/XP8 brake pads.
  • OZ Superleggera 18" x 8"
  • Falken Azenis 615 225/40/18

• 2 weeks later...

almost 103k. Stage 2 at 12k miles. 300+ WHP at 35k. 400+ WHP at 61k. stock tranny let go at 18k, second tranny has been on the car since. VB went in at 55k.

Drivers rear wheel bearing went at 50k. Passenger front CV boot at 65k. Had a bad thermostat that led to head gasket scare. No other major issues, car still running very strong. Tranny is getting tiiiired though

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

My 2002 Legacy limited now has 178,000 miles on it. It has the original clutch and alternator. I replaced the passenger side cv boot at about 150,000 miles and over the weekend replaced the original battery. I am leaking oil into the spark plug tubes and at this point I am not going to repair but just keep an eye on it. I still gets 28-30 mpg.

My 2002 Legacy limited now has 178,000 miles on it. It has the original clutch and alternator. I replaced the passenger side cv boot at about 150,000 miles and over the weekend replaced the original battery. I am leaking oil into the spark plug tubes and at this point I am not going to repair but just keep an eye on it. I still gets 28-30 mpg.

Probably the valve cover seal. Mine is doing that too, but it isn't a big deal to fix.

• 2 weeks later...

A guy who works with me has an 1994 Turbo Legacy with 285k miles on it.... Stock almost everything... Unbelievable....

Really is....

I asked him to snoop around here but he is not into forums....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I have a little over 1,000 miles on my 2009 LGT!

Anyhow, want to hear something freaky. I have a 1996 Chevy Cav with 217,000 on it, everything was original aside from the brakes/tires. The clutch was never changed. It was beyond dead and acted very funny but even with that it still drove perfect. Only used .25 of a quart of oil every 6,000 miles. The 2.2 powertrain/drivetrain from GM was pretty imrpessive.

cars in the shop today getting timing belt and most likely the water pump replaced. (it's got 105k on it) should be a cheap fix:rolleyes:

cars in the shop today getting timing belt and most likely the water pump replaced. (it's got 105k on it) should be a cheap fix:rolleyes:

Did mine in Sept, cost me about 480.00 in parts alone. I can see why it's a $1000.00 job.

My 05GT tuned 100,000 last Thursday.

3 tranny rebuilds

Drivers power window control

Then just the normal recall stuff, ECU twice for the fans, and the rear cross member for rust.

Cobb AP stage 1 since Dec 04.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Did mine in Sept, cost me about 480.00 in parts alone. I can see why it's a $1000.00 job.

My 05GT tuned 100,000 last Thursday.

3 tranny rebuilds

Drivers power window control

Then just the normal recall stuff, ECU twice for the fans, and the rear cross member for rust.

Cobb AP stage 1 since Dec 04.

my mechanic charged me $800. timing belt, tensioner, and water pump. good guy; I trust him. he said the timing belt was pretty expensive. he was shocked at the price considering the belt was the same as the WRX.

Some place on here I did a thread with photo's and prices (?) of the job. $800 sounds like a good deal to me.

I would guess if I do another one, I'll be able to do it much faster. My friends 05 Outback had 75,000 a couple of months back. If she keeps it, I'm sure I'll get the chance to find out if the 2nd one is easier.

I know I have had some issues with my car, but it's very comforting to know I have this car when the weather turns bad.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It cost me I think 1200 to have my timing belt, water pump, tensioner, and all idlers done. Plus $100 to be towed when the water pump seized and left me on the side of the road... I think the 1200 was a bit of a rip off, but I didn't really have any choice. I was in northern Maine, and that was the only place anywhere near me.

• 3 weeks later...

132,000 miles. Use for daily commute. 60 highway miles one way. No performance modifications.

Regular maintenance. Replaced timing belt as recommended + water pump just in case. Mobil 1 every 5,000 miles. Nothing major, so far. Just replaced the passenger side front axle because of broken boot. Clutch still occasionally stinks.

• 1 year later...

Archived