LegacyGT.com

AccessTUNER Race, here she comes!

LittleBlueGT

I only have experience with two different ones my Zeitronix and the Innovate LC-1. Both are compatable with Cobb, the Zeitronix does boost, AFR, Lambda and EGT while the LC-1 does what it needs. Some have trouble with the LC-1 from a quality standpoint at time but the one I used has no difficulties at all. If you can score a used LC-1 for cheap jump on it.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Infamous any recommends on a wideband to work with the Cobb software?

I know Cobb listed some but whats your opinion?

Greg I have an Innovate LC-1 and it has done the trick for me. It's been a little flakey here and there, but i think it has more to do with the RR software than the LC-1. When mine gets flakey I just reset RR and it works perfectly again. It's never given me any problems in ST-A just while logging in RR.

I can walk you through the initial dial in of the injectors with the stock intake and then we can work the AEM after that. I basically started with all my mods except the AEM and got A/F trims within +-1% and then dialed in the AFR across the RPM/LOAD ranges. Then I put the AEM on, applied the multiplier from the Cobb spreadsheet(I have it written down somewhere) and then worked the intake calibration until I nailed my target AFR's again. It takes a little work, but not bad.

We really should revive the StreetTuner discussion thread or start a new ST-R FAQ thread that has a condensed version of all the Cobb instructions for initial dial in of stock and aftermarket injectors and so on. We really need to make sure people aren't out doing WOT runs without a WBO2 and show them how to adjust out the knock of the Cobb Basemaps and such without getting the entire timing curve jacked up.

I'm on the run right now for a few more days(relocating Mom) and then I'll be able to work on some walkthrough stuff with Infamous and LBGT. We have to get some of the basics in an orderly layout before we start hearing about blown motors on a daily basis.

Let's kick this pig!

Looks like a great marketing plan!

Might not be good for tuners though, huh?

At first we weren't happy about this since Cobb charged so much money and offered territories then didn't stick by it. Then they offer this but we thought about it and we make more money off of rebuilding engines that people are going to screw up because of this anyway so *shrug* Not that i want anybody to screw up their engine but it's inevitable now.

We build engines from the bare block up for road race cars, rally cars, street cars. If anything happens to anybodies please consider us, thanks :D

Adam & Matt

Revolutions Performance

417 E. Vermijo

Colorado Springs, CO 80903

Store | Contact Info | Website

On the Cobb forums they mentioned that Tuner Race does not allow us to data log protuner maps because it was something tuners requested. Now they realize, gee maybe the software should not be needlessly crippled and people might have a need and the right to data log their vehicles. Of course its much more difficult to add this to the software now that they took measures to prevent it.

It pisses me off because my Tactrix cable died and now I have to buy the insanely expensive new version of the Tactrix just to take logs, even while Cobb has made the promise they'll fix software, but not anytime soon. Plus I don't see any legitimate reason to block data logging. They claim it was to protect tuners' intellectual property, but knowing the AFR, boost levels, wastgate duty and timing at run time doesn't tell you anything about how the tables are setup in the map, right?

Cobb is the Microsoft of the tuning world. They're limiting the features available to their customers with "Digital Rights Management," (read taking users rights away and preventing fair use) hurting their customers at the request of other business interests.

At first we weren't happy about this since Cobb charged so much money and offered territories then didn't stick by it. Then they offer this but we thought about it and we make more money off of rebuilding engines that people are going to screw up because of this anyway so *shrug* Not that i want anybody to screw up their engine but it's inevitable now.

We build engines from the bare block up for road race cars, rally cars, street cars. If anything happens to anybodies please consider us, thanks :D

:lol: My thoughts exactly, I need to get me a shop up in a hurry. :p

On the Cobb forums they mentioned that Tuner Race does not allow us to data log protuner maps because it was something tuners requested.

You guys aren't missing much. The logger in StreetTuner pretty much sucks anyway. All I ever use it for is the dashboard when dialing in the A/F Trims, but not the logger. There are only a few relevent parameters in the logger and the "knock activity" field has never logged anything for me even when RomRaider showed negative FBKC and KC activity on the same map.

Aside from that finding and pressing ctrl-D at the beginning and end of a run isn't easy either(especially at night) and then it asks you if you want to view the log everyrtime too so oyu have to click "no" or hit "n" to continue. I'm sure I could change the settings so it would work with the defrost or whatever, but it's just not worth wasting the time on.

I basically just watch the dashboard values(which don't hold peak values:mad:) and go from there. I still just tweak maps, log with RR, park, look at the logs, tweak, log, review log, tweak, log... It just sucks that you can't run RR and ST at the same time.

Let's kick this pig!

Yep I honestly could care less if someone can see my tune on their car, what is there to hide?

I logged every parameter I could off my TDC maps using a dozen different parameter groups(profiles with different parameters selected) to get everything and I never even looked at them while tuning my car with ST; so ya blocking it's pretty pointless. That and unless you've done a little tuning those logs are like reading Greek anyway. Now I'm glad I paid the $400 for a version that worked correctly right out of the box:lol:.

Let's kick this pig!

Cobb is the Microsoft of the tuning world. They're limiting the features available to their customers with "Digital Rights Management," (read taking users rights away and preventing fair use) hurting their customers at the request of other business interests.
This is a bit far from the truth. I have always made myself available for discussion. Rather than spreading rumors, you are all welcome to ask me direct questions so you can here and answer directly from the horses mouth, per say.

My hopes is that the community is excited about the free release of the ATR software. Am I incorrect in assuming this?

Take care,

Christian.

Spreading rumors!??!? I'm just sharing what MrBell, presumably a developer of yours, posted your forum.

You cannot datalog, using the AccessTUNER race software, an ECU that is running a map from the pro software. The tuner's requested that we protect their IP, and that requires we block datalogging using our AccessTUNER Race software. However, they have now requested that we allow datalogging. This is difficult in the current software so we are looking into possible solutions. We are working on it, but don't expect it any time real soon.

I am excited to use the software, but I'm disappointed I'll have to find another solution to data log my pro tuner map. Thats all.

We are doing our best to provide value and support to our end users and our tuners. It is obvious and unfortunate that you cannot satisfy all. We need to do what our tuners ask, but their decisions may upset some. Ultimately, we are trying to find the best compromise.

Christian.

I only have experience with two different ones my Zeitronix and the Innovate LC-1. Both are compatable with Cobb, the Zeitronix does boost, AFR, Lambda and EGT while the LC-1 does what it needs. Some have trouble with the LC-1 from a quality standpoint at time but the one I used has no difficulties at all. If you can score a used LC-1 for cheap jump on it.

Anyone else have comments on the LC-1?

I found it for 167.00 at import image.

I was really intersted in the PLX m-300-usb but havent been able to find one. Looks like they changed over to the m-300TE.

Anyway I dont think i really need the guage since I am just going to tune with it and not mount it in the car so I guess the LC-1 would be sufficient.

Too bad its not USB... but I work for Toshiba and the laptops they furnish us for X-Ray service have serial ports on them because we need them to talk to some of the generators that are still out there.

So unless anyone has any major objections I might as well go the LC-1

Anyone else have comments on the LC-1?

I found it for 167.00 at import image.

I was really intersted in the PLX m-300-usb but havent been able to find one. Looks like they changed over to the m-300TE.

Anyway I dont think i really need the guage since I am just going to tune with it and not mount it in the car so I guess the LC-1 would be sufficient.

Too bad its not USB... but I work for Toshiba and the laptops they furnish us for X-Ray service have serial ports on them because we need them to talk to some of the generators that are still out there.

So unless anyone has any major objections I might as well go the LC-1

http://www.pltek.net/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=40

So I just got my PDX maps and I asked Jarrad if I would be able to get them in RACE format and he said they don't release them that way. Does this mean I won't be able to log them?

You can't log them with Access Tuner Race. Any other software will still log them for you though. Now you see why I was a little upset?

Cobb and the tuners rightfully don't want to allow everyone to see all the tables and settings that make up their protuned maps, but the ATRace software doesn't let you just log. They tied together the tuning and logging so you're always doing both. Great for tuning on the fly, but Cobb went without a log only mode and they don't want to open up the protuned maps so they just blocked logging of the protuned maps all together. Sounds like a missing feature in the software to me, buy Cobb says it was the tuners fault because the tuners said "don't let the Race users see the table settings" and didn't understand the software didn't have a log only mode.

I understand also that this is brand new beta software and I'm sure it will get better in time.

I'm going to try logging my Tuning Alliance map with the Cobb dongle drivers and RomRaider once I get the updated dongle and install my TMIC. I'll post my success or failure.

Infamous

first off you are a great asset to this site and I thank you for all the info you provide.

Secondly how well does ecuexplorer compare to romraider? Is is pretty similar?

Getting ready to begin with all this stuff and doing much research to get all my ducks in a row before I begin.

Archived