LegacyGT.com

AccessTUNER Race, here she comes!

LittleBlueGT

anybody have anyidea why i cant get my cable itself to install. I had it installed and worked fine logging with ecu explorer but I had to reboot my computer and it wont install. I go to control panel add hardware looks for stuff connected but not installed reads my cable is there (COBB2 FU) is what it reads but wont install it even with it going online to find the drivers or if i insert the cd????

Any body have any ideas or even understand what im sayin???

same issue i'm having...good luck

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there is one driver for the APv2 and a separate driver for the OBDII dongle?

EDIT: I think I get it. You connect the AP to the computer via USB to put maps on the AP or update the firmware, but the computer is going to be connected to the dongle via USB when tuning the vehicle.

Hey, Kev. Check this out for the dongle driver:

http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41543

thanks Metal2you:spin: cable is now installed gonna have to try the map thing tomorrow was at the track all night...(mods cobb ots stage 2 93LC xo2 dp hks up stock catback spec stage II+ clutch Spec LWF perrin sts GFB bov and stock tmic still on (waiting for accesstunner race for my front mount;)) 1/8 8.5@82.88 13.3@101.64 anyways ill keep you posted sure im gonna have another question...

anyone have a link to the dongle/usb for the live tuning

(the cable from the laptop to the car)

i think i said that right

We were struggling with this last night. Could not get the live tuning or logging to work, but got a map built (the old fashioned way) and loaded onto the A/P and then onto the car. Thanks for the link kevkel33leg05

One thing I seem to have heard about vs#2 AP is that it is locked out to other software.

Wghat that means is you can still log with RR, but if you want to save a copy of your rom and then modify it w/ RR that is out.

Kinda sucks as COBB does not have all the tables one may want to adjust, like per cyl timing comp. Also sucks cause every base map has to be done with the AP, but I hear the vs#2 is significantly faster then 31.

One thing I seem to have heard about vs#2 AP is that it is locked out to other software.

Wghat that means is you can still log with RR, but if you want to save a copy of your rom and then modify it w/ RR that is out.

Kinda sucks as COBB does not have all the tables one may want to adjust, like per cyl timing comp. Also sucks cause every base map has to be done with the AP, but I hear the vs#2 is significantly faster then 31.

True, there appeared to be overall quite a few less tables available in Accesstuner Race, but a few additional tables for idle that RR doesn't have and the throttle table is a single, easy to understand table instead of the two tables in RR.

Couldn't you flash fixes for things like PCTC using RR initially, then grab that map off the car with the A/P ver.2 and start building the Accesstuner map from there? The new A/P grabs the the map that is on the car when it is married. Shouldn't you be able to modify this "stock" map in Accesstuner Race?

True, there appeared to be overall quite a few less tables available in Accesstuner Race, but a few additional tables for idle that RR doesn't have and the throttle table is a single, easy to understand table instead of the two tables in RR.

Couldn't you flash fixes for things like PCTC using RR initially, then grab that map off the car with the A/P ver.2 and start building the Accesstuner map from there? The new A/P grabs the the map that is on the car when it is married. Shouldn't you be able to modify this "stock" map in Accesstuner Race?

Good question. I don't have #2 AP, so I don't know.

I played with it two nights ago on a buddys 06 FXT. We started with Cobb's VF-39 map for the Forester so I didn't check to see if you can modify the ROM that is stored on the A/P when it's initially married.

Anyone try it?

ok so i Fu**ed up......

1st) I uninstalled the ap stage 2 from my car cause im a dumb ass....

2nd) updated the firmware and downloaded the email link... everything went fine

3rd) i go out to my car to reinstall

4th) ap stars up and tells me

OLD Dongle Found

This dongle cannot be updated in the field

please contact customer service.

5th) so i click ok and try to install my stage 2 and get this

6th)ECU Comms

cable not connected or mis-configured

im sure someone already said something about the dongle but im missing it HELP

With what I am reading I cannot convert my TDC v1.16 map that is tuned already for my AEM CAI and TMIC to AccessTunerRace file via the new software.

I guess where I need to start in order to datalog is convert one of the Cobb base maps using the ATR software and reflash.

If this is the case I am sure I need to remove the AEM CAI put the factory intake on and go from there.

Correct?

http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/images/misc/progress.gif

Archived