LegacyGT.com

Which Battery to get?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finally gave in. I was so sick of the crappy stock battery I bought the Walmart Maxx with more CCA.

Problem solved, the car operates 100% better in the cold now. Can't go wrong for $72.

Got to try my new Maxx in single digit weather today 640 CCA's crank with much more gusto.

^ you have to be joking...that's crazy a 7 lb. battery? You need special cables too it looks like. My 2007 already has residue build-up and I know it's just a matter of time til it starts to have issues. Even if under warranty I don't want to get stranded some place and have to wait around...only to have the dealer just recharge it, clean it and say it's fine.

those batteries better charge themselves and change flat tires for me at that price

O yes. I beleive, one day Li-Ion batteries will be really cheap, and we'll have 5-7 lb batteries in our cars. but not in even on 2010 LGT.. Something like 2015..

There are no bad people, just differeent.

Costco has Optimas for our car for like $150

Not any more? I checked their website and nothing. Maybe it was only available as a limited promotion or something. The list price from other vendors seems to be about $200.

I find it weird that my 91 ej22t has the original Interstate battery, with the same CCA (430) as my 07 ej25, and it had failed me already in only two years. :confused:

No serious mods, no crazy gadgets running, just more electronics run in the newer cars I suppose.

Mystery!

Not any more? I checked their website and nothing. Maybe it was only available as a limited promotion or something. The list price from other vendors seems to be about $200.

Have you checked in store? All my local costcos carry optimas.

• 2 weeks later...
My stock battery is only 2.5 years old but the car wouldnt start last night. Not started for 4 days and 15 degrees = dead. Think I will go with the Duralast only cause Autozone is walking distance to my house.

The Duralast is a great battery and a great price. Put one in my old Passat and it worked great in the winter.

• 3 months later...

Anybody use this Braille No-Weight Extreme battery model B3121? I'm looking for greater-than-stock CCA's but less than stock weight. This might be a good compromise.

Specs:

B3121 No-Weight Extreme Battery Specs

Weight: 21 lbs

Length: 6.6

Width: 5.2

Height: 6.8

Pulse Cranking Amps: 1380

Cranking Amps: 742

Cold Cranking Amps: 550

Amp Hour Rating: 31

Warranty: 1 Year Free Replacement / 2 Year Limited Pro-Rated Extended Coverage

Recommended Uses:

Premium Luxury Vehicles

Extreme Engine Builds – High Compression, Supercharger Systems, Large Cams, Underdrive Pulleys & No Alternators

Extreme Audio Builds – Multiple Amps, Subs and enough wiring for a small city? You need this battery! Extreme Cold Climates – Daily Driven or Stored Vehicles

Custom Cars and Vintage Vehicles – No Acid to Spill protect and enhance your vehicle!

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

The Duralast is a great battery and a great price. Put one in my old Passat and it worked great in the winter.

Good battery! So is the Titanium from Advance Auto Parts.

According to it's specs.... it's the holy braille of batteries :lol:

Nice one, MW. :lol:

edoperformance has a current 10% off coupon, it's "braille10". I think I'll be having them ship one of these for me, but they are out of stock right now.

There are a few different mounting options but think I'll go with this one... although I need to measure to see if I'd be better off with the 10" one.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• 2 weeks later...
I went on Consumer Reports to find my battery. Walmart MAXX had the highest rated battery, with an excellent guarantee and price. There is NOTHING crappy about it.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

What is the OEM battery's weight?

Update: I think it's 32 lbs.

i think it's heavier: earlier posts suggest about 48lbs -- my AT batt was 490 cca; many oems avg 10 cca/lb, so that would be about right.

all i recall for sure is that the oem was a tank compared to the diehard gold 51 (28lbs) i replaced it with. which is btw still running awesome (even with all my gizmos) after 1 year ;).

Archived