LegacyGT.com

Thank you and Good Night Subaru -- The Truth

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey smoker im totally with you im heart broken my story it so similar..

1. 72000 miles pops out of gear and all the teeth on gear 5 are rattling around in my tranny. new clutch and rebuilt tranny 3000 dollars

2. left wheel bearing or something to that effect blows!

3. driver side head lights blow almost every 6000 miles

4. 91500 miles CEL pops on throwing code P0021 and P0011.

5. 92000 miles turbo blows! yay!

Same thing happened to me. I was way over due on an oil change and it through the P0011 and P0012. I changed my oil and it Fixed those codes then last weekend the my turbo blue at like 92k and some change.

I'm Willing to take the blame. When you don't change your oil to the point where it throws codes about messing up your timing because your oil is sludge, its your fault and I'm owning up to and i think more people could own up to. And I'm ashamed to admit my negligence but the Truth must be heard. I Know that the turbo uses oil to cool and run bearings I should have been smart enough to check the turbo. That was just totally Busch on my part

And as far as the people who are considering these things to sports cars. No they are a stock car with a sweet turbo an up graded suspension to be used to for a little fun. I never got this car thinking about jacking up to 300 horses with a K/N, High flow cats, Magnaflow and a ecu re-flash. I got this cause because it looks good it runs well unless you mess something up.

Your not always going to have someone cover your ass with warranty if you want that get a lease.

So go get some parts and a manual and get wrenchin its not hard and in-fact when the jobs done and your back on the road its pretty satisfying. I'm sorry i just get sick of people bitching about their cars and getting them fixed. Get on line get parts and quit getting ripped off by the stealer ship.

Personally I cant wait to put my turbo and the cat the turbo took out with it back on so I can go back to enjoying having a sweet ride.

And you know what in a few years when this thing really starts to hit the floor I'm going to rebuild it. Performance everything. I'll probably have some awesome hybrid SUV as my DD. but when i want to go out and have some fun lets just say sonoco better be ready because my LGT is coming out for some 93 octain...

Final Though: I Love this Car blown turbo and all. And i feel bad knowing i caused it with my poor look on the oil change... wont happen again. SO don't slam these cars; love them because after a few fixes and inconveniences they are totally worth it... A family sedan should not have sports tuned boxer capable of 260 horsepower stock, come on thats awesome. But at the same time its not a Porsche so don't com-pair the two; realize what they are different cars made for different purposes but feel free to enjoy them both you would be doing yourself a serious dis-service.

• 10 months later...

My son's 2005 Legacy GT just had the throw out bearing blow out! The center section of the bearing that actually rides on the tranny case seezed and tore the hell out of the case before it disintegrated. I had this to subie dealer (under wanrantee) one year ago the clutch pedal did not feel right ,slight hesitation ,and was squeeking they lubed it all up (and the floor mat too) and said it would go away! They were right, the entire clutch went away about 10K miles later. Luckly I got a wizard machinist to make a bronze sleeve that allowed the TOB to ride on, a real work of art for 300 bucks, all together about a $1.2K job.

Now the darn CEL light is on again cyl No3 misfire! It's got 52K miles on it so Im going to replace the plugs and the No 3 injector and have my local mechanic do a high pressure fuel injector flush and clean and dielectric grease all of the injector connector pins. Maybe it will be like new again?

apparently the #3 missfire is a common problem.. if thats the one by the turbo.

not looking forward to that. a friend of mine wound up replacing the injector and plug/coil on that side to stop it.

I think the injector was actually the problem.

I guess cos of the proximity to the turbo?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• 1 year later...
How true! :icon_cry: But you can always bring them back from the dead just like you guy's did this thread. :lol:

seriously!! there have been a few revived threads lately from a few years ago. Oh...and BTW 146k on my car and still running like a champ. :cool:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

seriously!! there have been a few revived threads lately from a few years ago. Oh...and BTW 146k on my car and still running like a champ. :cool:

I'm right behind you w/ 138k, but on my 2nd motor w 70k miles, 3rd turbo, been into the trans 3 times, etc.. .. but I keep on bringing it back. Not too sure why though:confused:

Close and let die....?

I vote yes.

Archived