LegacyGT.com

Philly Area Legacies?

TheHolyGhost

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone know of a good place or have any recommendations to get my windows tinted?

I went to Car Pretty www.carprettyautosalon.com

They did a good job and I think I paid about $160 for all windows.

I was going to go to Shades of Gray www.shadesofgraytint.com

But I couldnt get an appointment that fit my schedule. Heard loads of good comments on them.

:cool: how long ago did you get it done? it's holding up well?

Got it done in June 08. Holding up just fine. I have no complaints. Both places offer lifetime warranty and use Lumar tint. I was going to go to Shades of Gray cause I heard they are great at honoring their warranty if anything ever happens.

The only thing I would change if I did it again would be to use 15% rather than 20%. There was wrx next to me getting 15% and they were worlds apart. My 20% is a little too much light for me but at least I can see at night.

Got it done in June 08. Holding up just fine. I have no complaints. Both places offer lifetime warranty and use Lumar tint. I was going to go to Shades of Gray cause I heard they are great at honoring their warranty if anything ever happens.

The only thing I would change if I did it again would be to use 15% rather than 20%. There was wrx next to me getting 15% and they were worlds apart. My 20% is a little too much light for me but at least I can see at night.

do you have any pics of your car? i was going to go with 20% also.

Malvern reporting. I'm new here after picking up an 05 LGT Limited Wagon a couple weeks ago. I'm loving it!

http://www.geocities.com/ckruljac/images/legacy_gt_top_600.jpg

Congrats! Did it take you long to find yours it took me nearly 3 months about 2 and 1/2 years ago. I searched throughout the entire country trying to track down a black 5mt wagon but settled for the white once one popped, red would have been my other acceptable color.

Nick

i plan on clearing mine but not til it gets warmer. i wont have time til after 4/15 anyway. maybe we can do a clearing headlight day. i dont think its hard, just time consuming.

i read the DIY threads a few times and it does seem pretty easy. But i would feel 100x more confident having someone that's done it before there to at least watch and let me know if something looks odd.

I'd be in for a DIY day once it warms up, im not in any hurry to get it done.

has anyone cleared out their headlights? I want to do that but it freaks me out to bake my headlights, some experienced help would be very appreciated and worth a case of beer.

You can also pick up a set of used headlights off Ebay or a member here so 1, the car isn't down for more than install time. 2, if a pair ever gets b0rked from an accident or the procedure itself, you have a backup. And 3, you have a set to sell if you need/want to.;)

As far as the tint discussion goes, it also has a lot to do with the cop and how he's feeling at the time, how they feel about you, and how they feel about your car. A friend of mine had an early 80's Subaru wagon tinted to 25% in the rear and 35% in the front and never had 1 cop hassle him. Even when he got nailed for speeding in it. Twice. A former coworker has a riced out Honda with the same tint and has gotten shit multiple times for it while driving like a normal person. We're not driving rice nor are we in WRX cop magnets so we may have a little more room to work but that's not a guarantee.

You can also pick up a set of used headlights off Ebay or a member here so 1, the car isn't down for more than install time. 2, if a pair ever gets b0rked from an accident or the procedure itself, you have a backup. And 3, you have a set to sell if you need/want to.;)

yea i checked ebay for some extra headlights, but at $150+ each that's a little pricey to buy something that'll sit in my closet.

Archived