LegacyGT.com

Subaru has Record May Sales!

rao

I gotta believe that in addition to the new models, high gas prices are taking sales away from Detroit's struggling big SUVs and giving them to Subaru. People like AWD and a Subaru is definately a more fuel efficient way to have it. However, I am surprised that the Outback isn't catching on more. If I were shopping between a crossover and a wagon, I'd rather have the wagon, unless Im trying to seat 7. In either case, a 7 passenger Exiga needs to make it here.

could it be? a correlation between advertisements and sales? wow!

/sarcasm

:lol: NO! :rolleyes:;)

Glad it's going somewhere positive. I don't like the Forrester commercials at all, they make no sense (Subaru Heaven) but if it's working... ok. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Maybe the buying public thinks that Subaru's new styling doesn't suk a$$ like many of the sky is falling posters on the Internets keep whining about...

I personally think the new Forester and Impreza (hatch) are pleasant improvements. If the STi came out a couple months earlier, I would be working with a much larger car payment than my LGT...

Don't get me wrong, with mods, I LOVE my LGT, but I really think the new STi is hawt and the Rex ain't too bad either.

If only the L-STI would make it here i would definitely buy it.

I dont hv the time or patience to mod my current legacy anymore. I want something fast outofthebox.

Otherwise i'm gonna go 335ix with vishnu chip in the near future.

Fast AWD sedan problem solved! The mitsu is cheap and the new STI hatch is not enough car for 34K ++. At least with a 335ix i get a 42K worth of build quality and interior.

I'm finally starting to see Subaru ads on TV again, which is probably the reason sales are up. Saw a Forester commercial just the other day. It's about time! (though I have seen quite a few magazine ads previously...)

I believe lots of this is because of the high costs of fuel...I am sure if gas prices were still at 1.50 we wouldn't see this many Subarus sold... People are downsizing when it comes to engines, cars, etc etc....

Legacies were the second worst sold cars, we only beat Tribecca....

Hope they don't just reengineer the production and stop making our cars... That would be a bummer!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

The new 09 Forrester is a good looking truck. It's larger in appearance than before... so I think the bigger-is-better consumer mentality is accepting this new design.

It looks darn near as big as a new CRV, which I think most Americans want in a small SUV.

The previous models were truly small SUV's. Only slightly taller in appearance than an Outback.

The June 2008 issue of Motor Trend does a road test of the new Forester along with the CR-V, RAV4, Saturn Vue Green Line, and Nissan Rogue.

The Forester comes out on top! ... and that was the non-turbo version. They have a small sidebar article on the XT too.

I eff'n knew it! Sheryl Crow was killin us! :lol:

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

My girlfriend loves the new STI. Maybe females like the new Impreza. We keep hearing people say its ugly on the forums but its mostly guys on the forums. So it would make sense if the girls are gobbling it up. Whatever helps sales. I wouldn't mind pulling up next to a hot chick in a STI either.

Or, just a fluke. Weren't April sales waay down?

if by down... you mean up 22%... and if by fluke... you mean retail being up every month this year... then... yes... you're correct.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if by down... you mean up 22%... and if by fluke... you mean retail being up every month this year... then... yes... you're correct.

Is that right? I've got no facts and don't feel like searching but I thought sales were way down this calendar year.

Archived