LegacyGT.com

Subaru has Record May Sales!

rao

Nope. They were up

You are right, April was good. Lousy memory, I just remembered the totals from Q1. Here's Q1 results. Damn, Legacy's are showing up all over the place.

"For the entire first quarter, sales are down 5 percent to 40,881 vehicles, from 42,976 sold in the first three months of 2007.

Adjusted for one less selling day during the period, Subaru sales fell 3.7 percent."

Legacy and Impreza sales were up by double digits each however.

At least once every two months when I pull into a parking lot or gas station I get the "What is that?".

I've had 2 neighbors (both ladies) tell me that they like my car, one even called it sexy! :spin: My wife just rolls her eyes as she thinks my LGT is basic from a styling perspective... :redface:

My next door neighbor did trade in his Passat for an Outback (non-turbo) after taking a ride in my car. He would have factored into the May numbers...

I've had 2 neighbors (both ladies) tell me that they like my car, one even called it sexy! :spin: My wife just rolls her eyes as she thinks my LGT is basic from a styling perspective... :redface:

My next door neighbor did trade in his Passat for an Outback (non-turbo) after taking a ride in my car. He would have factored into the May numbers...

It's funny you mentioned your wife's feeling on the Legacy as far as styling because one of my closest female friends thought the Legacy was...ghey when I showed it to her in a car magazine.:redface:

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Careful, I was in that group. I still have my '98 LGT, though my daughter is now driving it.

At the time I bought it, it was a distinctly better alternative to the 2.5 RS, a better optioned, more roomy, higher quality alternative, and oh-so-very reliable (and I wasn't gentle with it). Then I moved up to an '05.

Maybe females like the new Impreza.

I helped my sister get a new Impreza hatch in Feb and she loves it more now than ever... apparently so do her friends they are always going on road trips and such in it. They are all recent college grads and all have newer cars too so that's a good sign IMHO

• 3 weeks later...

June

SUBARU REPORTS INCREASED JUNE SALES

The Company Reports Another Month of Increased Sales

CHERRY HILL, N.J., July 1, 2008 – Subaru of America, Inc. today reported June sales of 18,007 total units resulting in the company having another month of increased sales.

The 2009 Subaru Forester continues its strong sales start, up 41 percent over the same period last year, while the Subaru Legacy maintains its increase in sales, up 19 percent over the same period last year.

Model 2008 June % v 2007

Total Legacy 2,339 +19%

Total Outback 4,704 - 14%

(incl. Legacy Wagon)

Total Impreza 4,053 - 2%

Total Forester 5,830 +41%

Total Tribeca 1,081 - 19%

Total 18,007 + 5%

“In a turbulent market, Subaru has seen continued growth,” said Tim Colbeck, vice president of sales for Subaru of America. “The market is clearly undergoing some major shifts as gas prices start to affect buying behavior. With gas at over $4 a gallon, consumers are actively looking for more efficient vehicles without sacrificing safety and versatility. Our vehicles score high marks in these areas and so Subaru has been able to increase market share every month in 2008.”

^^Their assumption is further supported by the fact that

Ford was down by 25% and Toyota was down by 11% in June, both of which rely heavily on the sales of SUVs and trucks. Great to see that the new Forrester is selling well. Hopefully it will continue until the end of the year and create some extra volume for subaru.

Archived