LegacyGT.com

Ferrari California

Purrrrrty... :) Looks a lot like a modern interpretation of the 250GT California, one of the prettiest car of all time IMO.

460 hp 4.3L direct injection V8 with retractable hard top.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/05/ferrari-gt-1280-02.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/05/ferrari-gt-1280-03.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/05/ferrari-gt-1280-01.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People are speculating that this will eventually become the entry level model for Ferrari. Apparently, it will slot in above the F430 and be a bit more expensive when introduced. However, the F430 replacement will have a higher base price, then the California and be introduced shortly afterwards. Therefore, making the California the "entry level" Ferrari:lol:

I'm glad they didn't use the Dino name on this thing as have been rumored for a long time. $200k is probably pretty close to the price tag when it comes out, the F430 is ~$170k.

Pretty car. I don't dig the stacked exhaust tips though.

I actually thought the rear 3/4 view is it's best angle, with the stacked exhaust and all. I think this car would look perfect with the old school mesh wired wheels.

http://ferrari.vintage.free.fr/Images/Cars/Ferrari_250_GT_SWB_California_Spyder.jpg

Ugly, I expect better from Ferrari. Line on the side looks funky (guess they wanted to copy the Genisis Coupe), and the back in is not so hot either. Better looking cars out there for 200K

The front end is pretty cute looking, with the smiley face grille opening and "happy headlights".

But the side profile looks fantastic... nice lines like the old 355 spyder.

I'd take one for the team and own one though...

Nice, very sexy, like the Alfa 8C, too bad it's also priced like the Alfa.

http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/exotic/9239078/112_0710_09z+2009_alfra_romeo_8C_competizione+side_view.jpg

^ coolest wheels out there.

My comments on autoblog:

The details are nice. I like a lot of the details, but they look somewhat forced together.

There are a few details that I don't like, though.

The wheels. Wheels can make the car, these look like cheap knock-offs, not like wheels that belong on a prancing horse. BBS Challenge wheels would look much better.

The windsheild header. With the top down, the vertical slice of the windsheild header (looks like it got chopped by a guillotine, not a more diagonal or more toward horizontal cut line. The fact that it is blacked-out makes it only more obviously arched from the side profile. Being blacked out might look good with the top up, but that remains to be seen, as well.

The tail.

Wow. botch.

A big wide red swath above, and below, with a giant slash between them, right at bumper height. That looks weak and disjointed.

I am not the biggest fan of Ferrari going to single pair of tail lights, but the rear diffuser treatment makes that the least of my complaints.

The fender vents, sill intakes, headlights, and front fascia brake ducts, and other bits actually look quite well formed.

It will be interesting to see models, and other 3d renderings of this car, rather than just flat photos.

It is a mixed-bag, and doesn't hold a candle to the F430.

And it is nowhere near as finely designed as the Aston Martin V8 Vantage and Volante.

The front end is pretty cute looking, with the smiley face grille opening and "happy headlights".

isnt that what the neon was when it first came out. ill agree about the wheels they suck. not a fan of the stack pipes. side by side yes stacked no

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Guest JessterCPA
I'm glad they didn't use the Dino name on this thing as have been rumored for a long time. $200k is probably pretty close to the price tag when it comes out, the F430 is ~$170k.

I actually wished they did use the Dino name, as it always was a true Ferrari anyway. BITD they were afraid a V-6 Ferrari would lessen the brand, but over time they have become just as beloved as any other.

I actually wished they did use the Dino name, as it always was a true Ferrari anyway. BITD they were afraid a V-6 Ferrari would lessen the brand, but over time they have become just as beloved as any other.

I was glad they didn't use the Dino name because Dino was a very unique car and shouldn't have to share it's name with another car. V6 or not, it's unique place within Ferrari lore should be perserved IMHO.

Archived