LegacyGT.com

Ferrari California

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JessterCPA
I was glad they didn't use the Dino name because Dino was a very unique car and shouldn't have to share it's name with another car. V6 or not, it's unique place within Ferrari lore should be perserved IMHO.

OK. I'll buy that argument.

those wheels suit that car SOOOO much better than the cheap imitations in the actual photos.

if they had terminated the character line on the door, just in front of the door handle, and smoothly transitioned to a more tailored rear fender arch line, it would look better.

the front end has very nice curves, actually. the mirrors are nicely finished, and I like the familial side sill duct from the 430.

The header of the windsheild should be cut horizontally, not nearly vertical.

The back end is a disaster. the bumper/diffuser edge is FAR too low, and the full width rear grille is unneccesary AND bad looking. and destroys the whole cohesiveness of the rear fascia.

I could even deal with the stacked *round* tail pipes, if the rest of the rear end were properly designed.

And the name... is missing a syllable. It should be Ferrari GT California, or something. 537cc per cylinder just doesn't sound right... 250 GT California had a 3 liter V12, hence 250cc per cylinder, which used to be Ferrari's naming scheme. 430 GT California would be better than just California.

anyway... see what you think of my version... although the rear fenders are still a bit overstated... it is only a quick mod.

vismod.jpg.39dbf237a57c30c4d5351dfa6775441c.jpg

Guest heightsgtltd
meh, I would rather have the gallardo or f430''

also, a name like "California" is super retarded for car

Except that it is a revival of a classic Ferrari convertible model designation from the 1960s

Guest heightsgtltd
Dude, a car with a name like 'California' or 'Malibu' will never sell well. It's just retarded.

Right, because people who wait years to buy brand new models from the best car company in the world are going to be turned off by the name :lol:

of course, it's like having a Toyota Mustang

besides it is very questionable if Ferrari is 'the best car company in the world'. Niche - maybe. If it ever gets made, maybe they will sell a 100 of these cars worldwide.

Right, because people who wait years to buy brand new models from the best car company in the world are going to be turned off by the name :lol:

Guest heightsgtltd

What are you talking about it if gets made? :confused:

Ferrari makes the best sports cars in the world.

Guest heightsgtltd
Except that it is a revival of a classic Ferrari convertible model designation from the 1960s

Hi Azca :spin:

not anymore. There is a lot more competition than ever. f430 scuderia is a great car however in that price range

What are you talking about it if gets made? :confused:

Ferrari makes the best sports cars in the world.

Guest JessterCPA
But in all reality, a Ferrari is still a Ferrari, and IMHO, anyone who buys a Lambo, or other exotic, faces one problem 20 years from now, it's not a Ferrari. May be a great car, may have better performance, may have every reason to own one.

Guest heightsgtltd

Not that I have driven one, but from everything I have heard and read the experience is peerless with a Ferrari. The newest ones are almost DD usable, in addition to being faster and better handling.

To Jesster's point, the Ferrari is also one of the few automotive investments possible.

Yes there are competitors, but nothing does it like a Ferrari does and has that mystique.

Go down to a Lamborghini dealer and you can walk out that day with the newest model. Try that at a Ferrari dealership.

Guest JessterCPA

^^ Yes, but I also think you may want to stress there is NOTHING wrong with a Lambo. Hell, I'd probably sell my kidney for a Gallardo. These cars are well engineered & well produced.

But they aren't Ferraris.

Guest heightsgtltd

Oh man, I would kill for a Murcielago, and since Audi got involved they are better screwed together and have nicer interiors.

That being said, they are not Ferraris.

Guest JessterCPA
I actually am liking the new Maserati's more & more. They are downright sexy looking, and the Ferrari mechanicals make it very interesting. Seemingly very good price also.

Archived