LegacyGT.com

Cover Scoop when you go to the car wash?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was on line at the carwash and my IC managed to squeezed out of the hood scope and run down the street. I tried to drive after it but of course, I had no boost/power.:redface:

I was so embarrased.

This is why I bought the unobtanium intercooler for my LGT.. Straight from NASA space design.

My wife took the car through the car wash yesterday, and she called right after worried she shouldn't have due to the scoop.

I seriously read this today, the day after, and almost died. Not due to the inhalation of melting intercooler fumes as you may think, but due to laughter related asphyxiation.

First things I've read here that I think literally may be "too funny".

My wife took the car through the car wash yesterday, and she called right after worried she shouldn't have due to the scoop.

I seriously read this today, the day after, and almost died. Not due to the inhalation of melting intercooler fumes as you may think, but due to laughter related asphyxiation.

First things I've read here that I think literally may be "too funny".

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Those fumes are no joke!! Beware!

You must take care not to mix soap and intercoolers and inhale the fumes. It's worse than mixing household cleaning agents!

I think the warning is still posted on the SOA website in the FAQ's section.

Guest heightsgtltd
I hear if you mix them it makes Ricin!! Is this true??? :confused:

Not true, but if you put a GT hood on a NA legacy, or a giant wing on either the car releases Ricin

:lol:

I thought I read somewhere that the aluminum in the block is different than that in the intercooler. Subaru went with a soap safe compound for it, but the budget cuts came when it was time to make the intercoolers and they used some of that chinese aluminum. :confused:

They did use a different alloy for the block. It ils less prone to corrosion with COLD water and soap... but if you use warm (or HOT :eek:) water , it will dissove the block almost instantaneously.

My buddy washed his LGT with ~95 deg. water and soap and when he went to move the car 20 minutes later, the starter just flopped around in the engine bay.

He opened the hood and the only thing left was the crank, rods, pistons, cams, and valves. :eek: They were all lying on top of the crossmember.

No lie!

They did use a different alloy for the block. It ils less prone to corrosion with COLD water and soap... but if you use warm (or HOT :eek:) water , it will dissove the block almost instantaneously.

My buddy washed his LGT with ~95 deg. water and soap and when he went to move the car 20 minutes later, the starter just flopped around in the engine bay.

He opened the hood and the only thing left was the crank, rods, pistons, cams, and valves. :eek: They were all lying on top of the crossmember.

No lie!

Im lmao right now...:lol:

Archived