LegacyGT.com

Cover Scoop when you go to the car wash?

This isn't a concern, if it was a problem I am sure Subaru engineers would have addressed this ages ago when they started using hood scoops and top mount intercoolers.

Think of all the Outback XTs driven by soccer moms across the continent, I doubt they have ever even considered this and for good reason...its not a problem

thats cuz soccer moms dont notice the power loss.. only we do :confused:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, like when you get in their car and 99% of the time it has 10 or less miles to go to empty. Or the classic, you get in the car and the Check Engine or Oil Light is on and when asked they say it's been on for a while.

:lol:

I've heard that a Porter Cable dual action with some intermediate compound will pull the soap right off the intercooler.

The fins will come off too, but their just for decoration anyway.

its not photoshop. bad lighting and i am teh suck at photography.

dude dont get upset, those of us that know about this problem know the deal and this tool that called PS will belive us when his intercooler explodes through his hood.

I've heard that a Porter Cable dual action with some intermediate compound will pull the soap right off the intercooler.

The fins will come off too, but their just for decoration anyway.

:lol::lol::lol: Now thats funny!!

I L L = Classic :lol:

ILL3 or less is drivable (limp mode).

But an ILL4 or higher and you better get a tow to the dealer.:lol:

Ouch, I just saw ILL6 this morning. *pwn3d*

I knew I shouldn't have washed my car last week!! :mad:

yeah, like when you get in their car and 99% of the time it has 10 or less miles to go to empty.

^ Your wife does this too? "Come on lets take my car." Pull out of the drive way and the low fuel light comes on. "Oh yeah by the way I didn't have time to fill up yesterday." :mad:

^ Your wife does this too? "Come on lets take my car." Pull out of the drive way and the low fuel light comes on. "Oh yeah by the way I didn't have time to fill up yesterday." :mad:

lol you know she is scammin you into buying her gas for the week :lol:

I got soap in the intercooler and bubbles started coming out of the exhaust pipes. The kids loved it.

:lol: :lol: I bet you get a lot of "Rev It Mister"

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I got soap in the intercooler and bubbles started coming out of the exhaust pipes. The kids loved it.

WTLW!!! :lol:

Well, finally, I went to the touchless car wash and I guess week after week of it finally melted something because when it was done and I pulled out to dry it, there were bubbles coming from the mufflers and no boost.:spin:

Anyone knows if the AVO or Perrin is immune to this?

Guess I should have :rtfm: like the original poster! Oh wait...

• 1 year later...
I don't know why you guys don't just select the FAST speed on the IC wiper when entering the carwash?!? (Intermitent let's too much soap coagulate between the finnular structures)
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

^^ Refrigerating fuel additives makes their octane value increase as well, which is why many places like 7-11 stock NOS octane booster by the energy drinks... Same reason your car feels faster in colder weather, and why people get cold air intakes!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-072.gif

Archived