LegacyGT.com

Cover Scoop when you go to the car wash?

OK, Soap = Bad!!! Is there a wax/polish that intracooler safe? I use the wax-as-you-dry spray stuff and sometimes some overspray gets inside the scoop. Should I be worried? :spin::confused:

The wax actually helps disperse the soap, minimizing the damage if you do accidently get soap on your intercooler. Plus, it gives the cool side of your turbo that wonderful carnuba wax smell!

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd
The Spec B comes with miniature people inside the hood scoop who spit out any soap that gets inside when washing!

The Spec B comes with miniature people inside the hood scoop who spit out any soap that gets inside when washing!

The B comes with midgets??? :eek::lol:

I gotsta get me one of dem!!! :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

The B comes with midgets??? :eek::lol:

I gotsta get me one of dem!!! :lol:

Midget is not PC it's Turbo Gremlims.:lol: Just switch the GT and you'll remember.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

If you see "ILL." displayed on your dash, it's due to the Intercooler Lather Lock sensor. The number after "ILL." is a measurement of the relative amount of soap present.

I L L = Classic :lol:

ILL3 or less is drivable (limp mode).

But an ILL4 or higher and you better get a tow to the dealer.:lol:

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Don't worry for the trans cooler if it is those that come painted black with the Andi Soap coating.

The condenser and Rad are still in danger.

I am kind of worried that I will drive by someone washing their car and my trans cooler will fall off and drag the ground and cause a trans failure now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/lawtheflaw/TMIC.jpg

dont know what you guys are talking about. this was a very dilute soap solution. it burned so fast that the edges of the burn didnt expose on film

i have pics so it happened.

be very careful.

PM me for details.

Photshop is really bad for the inter cooler

dude stop trying to kill it, that is not a photo shop it is a real defect in the intercooler and not a a laughing matter

Oh OK

I was incorrect in my judgement. ;)

Soap watter and car wash bad

This isn't a concern, if it was a problem I am sure Subaru engineers would have addressed this ages ago when they started using hood scoops and top mount intercoolers.

Think of all the Outback XTs driven by soccer moms across the continent, I doubt they have ever even considered this and for good reason...its not a problem

Archived