LegacyGT.com

ALL 08/09 LGT, OBXT, FXT and STI OWNERS!!!!!

AKLGT

Thanks jamiesong, I see it goes by chassis, so my LGT wagon chassis is aligned with the VINs of Outback wagons in the USA. Interesting.

Still, this is bad news for Subaru and bad news for Legacy GT / Outback XT fans!

That would be my take on it at least. You might want to forward that to your local dealer just to be certain.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the VIN category (mine was built ~March 20th).

Gonna be interesting...I bought mine at Farrish Subaru in Virginia; I wonder if I'll get a notification :)

At ~600 miles, it feels fantastic with no funky noises coming from the engine (i've heard a funky noise once or twice coming from the rear when backing up while turning...i.e. pulling out of a parking space....)

Maybe they'll replace my engine with a re-tuned one w/ 270 HP and 280 torque that gets 28mpg highway?

Hey, it's possible.

Joe

Small addition, a quote from my Sales guy (A.K. Maloney, a forum supporter):

"All literature that we've been provided by SOA so far indicates issues on cars in foreign markets. There apparently has not been a case filed yet in North America."

This reminds me of an issue from mid 90's BMWs v8s (they had a 3.0 and 4.4 liter v8 then). The cylinder liners were made of, I believe, Nikasil. Had a problem with our fuel. BMW needed to re-build them all.

I wonder if there is a ex-US problem with fuel and these cars. But it sounds like a unique part or manufacturing defect occuring in an existing engine structure....very weird.

Joe

Small addition, a quote from my Sales guy (A.K. Maloney, a forum supporter):

"All literature that we've been provided by SOA so far indicates issues on cars in foreign markets. There apparently has not been a case filed yet in North America."

This reminds me of an issue from mid 90's BMWs v8s (they had a 3.0 and 4.4 liter v8 then). The cylinder liners were made of, I believe, Nikasil. Had a problem with our fuel. BMW needed to re-build them all.

I wonder if there is a ex-US problem with fuel and these cars. But it sounds like a unique part or manufacturing defect occuring in an existing engine structure....very weird.

Joe

per TDC, they have noticed major knock problems with '08s. Boostjunkie also mentioned that an '08 he worked on knocked hard on the stock map. So take that for what it's worth.

I'm in the VIN category (mine was built ~March 20th).

Gonna be interesting...I bought mine at Farrish Subaru in Virginia; I wonder if I'll get a notification :)

Notification of what? So far all SOA has done, is advise the dealers to stop selling such and such vehicle with a build date/vin after said number until they can verify if there is a problem with them, what the concern really is and what the repair is. Until then, they won't be contacting you, unless your dealership wants to.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

i heard this was a hoax......

if you want to believe it, go ahead, however since I am married to a service advisor at the local Subie dealer and personally confirmed the information on Friday afternoon with the General Manager and Service Manager, I can assure you it is not. But whatever you want to believe, go right on ahead. :lol:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

and remember folks, just because your VIN falls under this doesn't mean there will be anything wrong with the car. They are just taking extreme measures to ensure they can get a fix. Plus, for anyone ordering their car now, by the time you get yours, the issue may be resolved and you won't have to worry.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

i heard this was a hoax......

I heard Elvis was alive and i was rich and never have to work again.

It is not a hoax. I too work for a dealer as a service advisor and can tell you it is not a hoax unless some of the IWSTI/Nasioc kiddies want to make it out to be one:lol:

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

They still have people wanting a quoted source.:lol:

That is the second so called bulletin which never existed and originated from IWSTI which isn't surprising.

The time stamp on that message is yesterday and changes have been made and confirmed.

HMM just curious because dphoenix who works at one of our local subie dealerships as a Sales Manager d/n seem to share that opinion as of his last posting. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&postcount=188

It seems it's not a matter of "hoax/ no hoax" anymore.

BTW if it doesnt affect US cars, who else has the 2.5 Turbo engines? Japan market and I think majority of asia only gets the 2.0 Turbo engines. I thought only North American got the 2.5L right?

Archived