LegacyGT.com

ALL 08/09 LGT, OBXT, FXT and STI OWNERS!!!!!

AKLGT

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, there is now a revision including almost ALL 08 WRX's since 1/11/07!!!

And the initial issue sounds like something with the piston ring or what not. I'll have to reread the info on NASIOC/iwsti.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I'll have to reread the info on NASIOC/iwsti.

Good luck. A lot of idiots posting on there about it being a hoax and wanting to lemon law their cars.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

well, there is now a revision including almost ALL 08 WRX's since 1/11/07!!!

And the initial issue sounds like something with the piston ring or what not. I'll have to reread the info on NASIOC/iwsti.

OUCH!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Good luck. A lot of idiots posting on there about it being a hoax and wanting to lemon law their cars.

Well, I'll just wait until hubby gets to work tomorrow to pull up the actual revised TSB itself. I don't completely trust the site if I don't know who's posting the info, especially when I have a lot of reliable sources who can look the info up from SOA directly. He'll have the techs read it as well and see what they think.

Well, all the vehicles listed are still assembled in Japan, where the ones not listed are assembled here. Probably something to be said there about a batch of parts or something. I wouldn't worry too much about our LGTs until they identify the cause -- then we'll know if it's something that could involve us or not.

shouldn't something like this be front page news here on the forums? especially if it could affect the 08 LGT?

there's nothing that says it affects the Outbacks or Legacy line just yet. They are looking into it. So far, it's only the turbo Impreza and Forester. I wonder if the LGT and Outbacks are built at another plant??

Well, all the vehicles listed are still assembled in Japan, where the ones not listed are assembled here. Probably something to be said there about a batch of parts or something. I wouldn't worry too much about our LGTs until they identify the cause -- then we'll know if it's something that could involve us or not.

NM. that answers my speculations.

Also, the "revised" TSB may not actually be true, so just pay attention to the first post. My husband will verify first thing tomorrow when he gets to work if there are any SOA updates.

Guest heightsgtltd
I love how people are panicking about legacys when there has been no indication that they are affected whatsoever

I love how people are panicking about legacys when there has been no indication that they are affected whatsoever

We are still investigating whether any of the SIA produced Legacy Outback turbo vehicles are affected.

:confused: they're leaving it open that it could affect them. if i just bought an 08 i would like to know.

correct. that is why I posted it HERE. I do know a lot of LGT.com'ers have swapped or added to their fold, plus, it's good info to know.

We'll see if there are any actual new TSB's or revisions tomorrow.

:confused: they're leaving it open that it could affect them. if i just bought an 08 i would like to know.

Because it doesn't appear to be a problem on the OUTBACK line in particular, however they would still need to consider the possibility it could.

and if you are worried about your 2.5i legacy, how do you think I feel about my brand new 08 STI that I bought on Tuesday???? :rolleyes:

Guest heightsgtltd

umm this is only for turbo engines anyway :confused:

SIA has its own engine factory, they don't get engines from Japan anyway

umm this is only for turbo engines anyway :confused:

SIA has its own engine factory, they don't get engines from Japan anyway

there, i edited the first post and highlighted and underlined the affected vehicles to this TSB

Because it doesn't appear to be a problem on the OUTBACK line in particular, however they would still need to consider the possibility it could.

and if you are worried about your 2.5i legacy, how do you think I feel about my brand new 08 STI that I bought on Tuesday???? :rolleyes:

that's all i was saying, if i owned a vehicle that could possibly be affected by it, I would like to know.

what does my 2.5i have to do with this? I never mentioned it nor is it mentioned in the original post. so, i think you have some misdirected frustration here.

i could only barely begin to imagine the frustration and anger you must be experiencing right now. i'm not trying to make light the issue's effect on you or any of the vehicle owners. i hope that everything works out for you.

Archived