LegacyGT.com

1-off 5-off ?????

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
The 2.5i does not have red rings. Sorry :(

Just one more distraction from the road when its dark. I turn the gauge lighting down as much as possible without having to squint to see the MPH. The rings would definitely be off in my car, that would drive me nuts. The needle sweep is awesome though!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hmm so you USDM guys can turn off the red rings?

I am from Singapore (Australia/Asian Spec GT) and our way of switching off the sweep (its on page 3-15 of the owner's manual actually) is different.

Within 10 secs of turning the key, we have to press the i/SET button on the steering wheel and we get a menu on our multi-function display.

Scroll thru the set date/time,birthday,anniversary options and we get a final one saying 'Initial Movement'. Toggle that to OFF and the startup gauge sweep is deactivated.

I can't figure out how to disable the red rings though. Anyone knows?

I am from Singapore (Australia/Asian Spec GT) and our way of switching off the sweep (its on page 3-15 of the owner's manual actually) is different.

Within 10 secs of turning the key, we have to press the i/SET button on the steering wheel and we get a menu on our multi-function display.

Scroll thru the set date/time,birthday,anniversary options and we get a final one saying 'Initial Movement'. Toggle that to OFF and the startup gauge sweep is deactivated.

whyyy??

its sooo cool!

haa

I can't turn the rings off in my 2008 either.

That's not a Singapore thing Ake... it's an '07+ thing. 05/06 don't have the i/set option IIRC, therefore they have to use the dash button.

I just thing it's amazing that my car can tell me Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary ;) I mean what will be next, a screen that tells me how to get where I am headed... then who knows, a stereo that can be upgraded!!! :eek:

and I always get a happy ending too.... I think that's a Japanese thing with these cars though :lol:

• 1 month later...
I've been trying to find the sweep mod that has a tracer behind the needles, like on your computer when you choose the mouse pointer that leaves a trail. I can't get in touch with the forum member's car i saw :(

HA that member just took a open-shutter picture of the needle sweep so it looked like it was "tailing"... There is no mod... if the whole gauge pack was lcd then it would be possible to do a tail sweep sort of thing... it definitely looked sweet though!

• 1 year later...

Archived