LegacyGT.com

I despise the parking light switch on top the steering column

Yep, my 94 Liberty had it. First time you ever leave it on could be considered very funny to any bystander, as you fumble around for 20 mins to find what damn switch it is :D

My 98 GTB has it too.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1

I don't think I've ever hit that switch during 3 years of ownership...what's with you clowns?:lol:

I used to reach through the steering wheel to hit the trip reset when I filled the tank. After accidentally flipping the Switch of Doom I stopped doing that, now I reach around.

Many people also hit the switch when cleaning the car. So I guess you haven't wiped down the steering column in three years? :lol::spin:

has anyone ever used that switch for the lights on purpose?

yep, if im parked somewhere on campus thats not exactly a space Ill put them on at night so some drunk kid doesnt plow into the back of my car while "racing" through the parking lots

I am not defending the switch, I am saying it is really sad that folks can't deal with flipping a switch on or off themselves :lol:

That's even worse that arguing for the sake of arguing.

They must be made to last a while, atleast over night - without affecting the battery that much. I can't imagine putting a parking light feature on the car if it doesn't last a day before killing the battery!

Does someone want to volunteer to test how long it does take? :lol:

has anyone ever used that switch for the lights on purpose?

No I have not.

Its meant for someone to turn on the parking lights in the event of starter failure, and the lights can not be turned on.

But thats what the Hazard flashers are for, its got to be some quirky option left on the cars from some obscure safety requirement in Japan, but who really nows.

No I have not.

Its meant for someone to turn on the parking lights in the event of starter failure, and the lights can not be turned on.

But thats what the Hazard flashers are for, its got to be some quirky option left on the cars from some obscure safety requirement in Japan, but who really nows.

Geez. These are parking lights. Required by U.S. code as well.

They must be made to last a while, atleast over night - without affecting the battery that much. I can't imagine putting a parking light feature on the car if it doesn't last a day before killing the battery!

Does someone want to volunteer to test how long it does take? :lol:

I think I read in the manual that our cars have a Battery Saver Feature where I guess it turns off accessories if it detects battery getting low? Or am I just imagining things here at work? :confused:

I think I read in the manual that our cars have a Battery Saver Feature where I guess it turns off accessories if it detects battery getting low? Or am I just imagining things here at work? :confused:

I left my inside map lights on overnight, and the car was completely dead in the morning :icon_frow

less than a day. even the flashers will drain the battery in 6 hours

Haha, i saw a 96 250T at auckland international airports carpark, it had it's hazards on for 2 days before they stopped :lol:

It was in the staff carpark too, i feel sorry for the flight crew member who came home to that.

And i've also drained my battery overnight from the map lights :rolleyes:

I found it in my 08' Manual its called "Battery Drainage Prevention Function" it is default on, and says when door or rear gate is not completely closed, the dome light, ign swith light, and door open light remains on. After 10min, the lights will turn off. This function does not operate when the key is in ignition.

It can be turned off by a Subaru Dealer. Pg 23 of my manual has a hand ful of stuff that the dealer can turn on and off or change diff modes.

ive never had a problem with your picture either :wub:

:lol:

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 5 years later...

Archived