LegacyGT.com

The "Charcoal vs. Gas Grilling" Battle Thread!

rc0032

Guest heightsgtltd

Yes I was kidding.. that was a very Vimy like response :rolleyes::lol:

Lump charcoal over sawdust infused briquettes every day of the week :cool:

I keep spare tanks. :) I don't run out of propane. If I Didn't have spare tanks, I could just hard-plumb the grill into my house gas line. Ta-da! :)

If I had a choice, I'd buy Lump over briquettes.

Are you telling me you're so close-minded and 'personal' about our political differences and ideas, you'd let it spill into other areas? How enlightened of you... :-/

If you were joking...then...hah. :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I was kidding.. that was a very Vimy like response :rolleyes::lol:

Takes a big man to admit being vimy-esque...good on ya'. :)

:D

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

Lump charcoal over sawdust infused briquettes every day of the week :cool:

oh yeah? & where do you use those? On your fire escape or down at the park with the other folks crowded around that big drum? :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe you throw them in an old shopping cart in the alley? :lol::lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

The funny part is aside from that particular thread, we tend to have similar views on things :eek::lol:

...but you may not have a spec.b controller in YOUR car. My weber has a spec.B button.

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

Guest JessterCPA

Wow.

I will go on record as saying I use gas (natural gas FTW) for the pure convenience.

It doesnt taste as good.

I grill. I don't BBQ.

I don;t really care.

Wow.

I will go on record as saying I use gas (natural gas FTW) for the pure convenience.

It doesnt taste as good.

I grill. I don't BBQ.

I don;t really care.

:lol: same here. It's just too easy. Of course I prefer charcoal but it's so much easier to just fire up the gas & grill up real quick & just shut it off.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest heightsgtltd
oh yeah? & where do you use those? On your fire escape or down at the park with the other folks crowded around that big drum? :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe you throw them in an old shopping cart in the alley? :lol::lol:

:lol:

No Moron, the house upstate the my family has that we go to on weekends sometimes

I used to grille on the oldest pice of junk you've ever seen. I think my family paid 200 bucks for it almost 20 years back. I took it from my mother when I moved out about 10 years ago.

It was a 'broil-mate' propane BBQ, IIRC.

I used it up to last year, then I took possession of a far superior:rolleyes: used propane BBQ. I think this one's only 10 years old and probably costed 250 bucks back then.:redface:

My buddies would weep when I threw BBQ parties in my back yard. Half of them would haul their own BBQ's over to the party in the back of trucks.:lol:

No Moron, the house upstate the my family has that we go to on weekends sometimes

WHOA take it easy with the namecalling. I forgot you're a baller with a weekend place upstate. :p:lol::lol:

Catskills? :p:lol:

Guest JessterCPA
WHOA take it easy with the namecalling. I forgot you're a baller with a weekend place upstate. :p:lol::lol:

:rofl:

:rofl:

:lol::lol: sometimes you gotta take people down a peg is all ;)

Guest heightsgtltd
:lol::lol: sometimes you gotta take people down a peg is all ;)

:orly:, I was just responding to your assumption that I was grilling in Garbage cans in back alleys :lol:

I have a charcoal grill and have used gas, I dont have a problem with gas. Heat on demand, easy to control, off when you say so..

charcoal to me tho.. I dunno.. the smell it gives off, the warm up time, spreading coals out when they're ready, something about it to me is what makes the experience. A gas grill is like.. cooking on your stove.. outside.. but I have a gas stove so that may be why I feel that way.

I might buy a nice gas grill one day, but for now, its a charcoal grill... infact I might buy a new one soon as mine is starting to feel the effects of the weather after a few years of sitting outside.. its not a weber or anything like that.. but it gets the job done.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

If it lights on fire and works I'll use it. I prefer the way charcoal fired meat tastes, but the convenience of gas is also nice.

What I find to be the most interesting aspect of this thread is that an older member of the boards (RC-Cola) and a very new member DMP, can both agree that Vimy is a tool bag. Especially impressive on DMP's part for picking up on this fact so quickly.

Had charcoal, moved to gas (4burner, smoking tray, cast iron grates) - all seems to be an upgrade to me. I get the "flavor" I want by adding different chips to my smoke box. I like the ease as well in cold weather.

...latest thing to add to the grill - green onions and asparagras (cover in olive oil and jane's crazy salt) great as a side to just about any dish, salad, salsa, etc.

switched from gas to charcoal about two years ago. ill never go back to gas. the extra time is SO worth the wait. taste is a world apart.

yes except sometimes you don't have the time. After work/gym/whatever else I got goin on I dont have all that time to cook on charcoal. On the weekends it's a different story.

Archived