LegacyGT.com

The "Charcoal vs. Gas Grilling" Battle Thread!

rc0032

Message from Brady: This just TOTALLY deserved it's own thread! :lol:

Sorry, I had to! ;)

We now return to our previously scheduled battle...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with beef, I'll sear in a cast iron skillet in some light oil, then put it on the grill on low heat, turning once.

with chicken, I get the grill up past 700F with all four burners going. I put it on for 30 seconds, get a nice sear, then flip it over on one side of the grill, turning the burners on that side down to the lowest setting, leaving the other side up higher to maintain 350F or so. Basically, this bakes the chicken. To serve, I flip the chicken over one last time to the hot side to get the crosshatching for presentation.

Fail for using gas :rolleyes:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stove top, or oven?

It's just funny you seem do not-like Gas grills. Gas grills are fantastic for their intended use.

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

Guest JessterCPA

The impractical nature of charcoal for daily usage is a fail.

No doubt it tastes good, but my gas grill gets the daily usage.

The impractical nature of charcoal for daily usage is a fail.

No doubt it tastes good, but my gas grill gets the daily usage.

It's not just that - it's the specific control I can get over my cooking surface which makes my gas-grill wonderful. First off, it's a Weber...FTW...secondly, it's practical, fast, and easy. :)

Charcoal is fine; got no problem with charcoal grills. I might even buy one someday. But - I'm more into having food done quickly, than waiting for coals to get hot. :)

It's not just that - it's the specific control I can get over my cooking surface which makes my gas-grill wonderful. First off, it's a Weber...FTW...secondly, it's practical, fast, and easy. :)

I have 100% control with charcoal

Charcoal is fine; got no problem with charcoal grills. I might even buy one someday. But - I'm more into having food done quickly, than waiting for coals to get hot. :)

I feel sorry for your sex life :lol:

I have 100% control with charcoal

No you don't. The coals get as hot as they are going to get. You're a purist for the sake of being a purist, not because charcoal is really better. You can't "prove" your coal grill is better. You can't even define what "Better" means.

If I want to BBQ, I'll get a wood or coal-fired Grill. Since I rarely BBQ, my Gas Weber works beautifully.

You sound a bit like Vimy in his "spec.B's are the bestest!" rants.

No you don't. The coals get as hot as they are going to get. You're a purist for the sake of being a purist, not because charcoal is really better. You can't "prove" your coal grill is better. You can't even define what "Better" means.

If I want to BBQ, I'll get a wood or coal-fired Grill. Since I rarely BBQ, my Gas Weber works beautifully.

You sound a bit like Vimy in his "spec.B's are the bestest!" rants.

You do understand the differences between BBQ and grilling right?

I do have control ;)

The taste is better.

Dont ever compare me to Vimy you piece of **** :)

You do understand the differences between BBQ and grilling right?

...which is why I have a gas grill...because I 'never' bbq....http://www.hop.com <- check it out!

I do have control ;)

Sure you do.

The taste is better.

What's 'better'? Who judges? Maybe you are inept at cooking on gas, so your food cooked on a gas grill sucks. Don't blame the grill. :)

Dont ever compare me to Vimy you piece of **** :)

Then stop with the juvenile's insults, and blind loyalty to a false-supremacy of something, with no data to back it up.

...which is why I have a gas grill...because I 'never' bbq....www.hop.com <- check it out!

Sure you do.

What's 'better'? Who judges? Maybe you are inept at cooking on gas, so your food cooked on a gas grill sucks. Don't blame the grill. :)

They are 2 very different methods and it would prove interesting to have a cook off with them. I just don't get the hardon for gas.

Then stop with the juvenile's insults, and blind loyalty to a false-supremacy of something, with no data to back it up.

No, im not joking don't do it again :) You have not proof either but you continue to argue the point, are you the next Vimy?

They are 2 very different methods and it would prove interesting to have a cook off with them. I just don't get the hardon for gas.

No, im not joking don't do it again :) You have not proof either but you continue to argue the point, are you the next Vimy?

What am I arguing, Vimy? I'm arguing against your ignorant claim "Charcoal is Better." You can't explain what "better" means. You said 'better taste' - better taste than WHAT? Under what circumstances? What style of cooking? What product? The ONLY thing I'm arguing, Vimy, against your insane superiority complex all based on the fact you don't LIKE gas grills. I'm NOT making a claim of supremacy, I'm saying for my needs, my Gas grill does a GREAT Job; It works better for ME than a Coal grill would. Look Vimy, I see you like Charcoal Grills. Fine. Don't embarrass yourself by insinuating gas grills some how SUCK simply because 'prefer' or own a coal grill.

I thought it was agasint the rules for a forum member to have two screen names?

Guest heightsgtltd

Actually charcoal fires get hotter than the majority of gas ones do, but obviously not in a consistent manner.

I prefer Charcoal to gas for that and other reasons

Its not stated in the rules but the Mods like to enforce this "hidden rule" anyway :mad:

Now go cook something :p

I can't....I'm out of charcoal... :(

Guest heightsgtltd
As much as it pains me to align myself with dmp in any way, gas doesn't suck. It's not my favorite or choice, but I have used gas and had decent results.

I keep spare tanks. :) I don't run out of propane. If I Didn't have spare tanks, I could just hard-plumb the grill into my house gas line. Ta-da! :)

If I had a choice, I'd buy Lump over briquettes.

As much as it pains me to align myself with dmp in any way, gas doesn't suck. It's not my favorite or choice, but I have used gas and had decent results.

Are you telling me you're so close-minded and 'personal' about our political differences and ideas, you'd let it spill into other areas? How enlightened of you... :-/

If you were joking...then...hah. :)

You are the new Vimy arnt you?

SpecB - Check

point out things that go either way - Check

Like to argue - Check

So you're cool by taking what I called you (Vimy) and now calling ME that same thing. Shows your creative side.

(yawn...)

See, you are vimy-like because you seem unreasonably loyal to an idea with very little supporting data. omghowniceforyou!

Archived