LegacyGT.com

Removable GPS cubby mount

ryobi1

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mounted a Garmin 265WT using the mentioned Arkon GN115 mount.

My parents are giving me the same Garmin for Christmas...and will order mine after Christmas...so I am checking the orginal Garmin mount that comes with the Garmin 265WT won't work and you would recommend the getting the Arkon at the same time?

iphone. I'll post pics if it works out.

I bought one like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260301887783

hard to tell from the pic, but it may be long enough. I suppose it all depends on how strong the little ears are on this thing.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Ryobi

I will be ordering mine on Friday...I want to make sure I am back east for when it arrives...also Canada Post in my part of Canada is a hit and miss affair.

For the Canadians who want to order the Arkon mount for the Garmin 265wt that Ryboi1's site links you to...they have a Canadian mirror site to order the mount from http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16858989007

Those in Canada who are thinking of this unit...buy the one without the traffic..it is cheaper...and the free traffic service Garmin uses only has coverage area in the GTA :confused:and the USA. The rest of Canada you are out of luck unless you can buy an optional Garmin Receiver for MSN direct at 119$

This is what I found out about the iPhone mount. "I just ordered a Vroom vulcanized rubber case for my iPhone but it has not yet come in.... My intuition is that the Vroom case will add too much bulk as the mount is form fitting. As for the silicone I'm betting it will fit but will beat up the case over time."

Hope that helps

http://www.cubbymounts.com/

for now i'm riding on the air vent mount that I got at best buy. Spent enough money trying ot make this work. The mount I linked to above broke before I put it in the car and from the looks of things is much too tall for the cubby mount.

I will probably just buy the mount kit mentioned by ryobi but not right now.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Hi guys,

Can someone please explain how to take off the cubby door? My tomtom doesn't seem to fit without taking the door off. Are there just a couple screws I seem to be missing? Thanks for helping out a noob.

-Adam

I think you have to take the entire cubby pod assembly out of the dash. The cubby pocket itself screws in where the air vents connect to the dash trim on the top and I believe does similar on the bottom.

Once you have the cubby pocket assembly out you can then try to take the door off. I believe it actually just clips onto the pocket.

Would an Arkon GN-115 mount work well with a Garmin 260W? The plastic ball clicks directly to the backplate of the unit. I received my plate today from ryobi. fast shipping thanks. Now I just need to get a compatible mount since the suction cup one my Garmin came with won't work. :)

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=13381

There are no screws that keep the cubby in place, the whole assembly which includes the cubby space and the two vents basically pops out. Just pry it gently towards you by keeping an equal amount of pressure/pull on both sides and up/down. What I mean is don't yank just on one side, you risk bending/breaking tabs and generally just making it harder to come out. Pull it straight towards you and you'll be able to figure out what screws you need to undo to take the door off. Not hard at all, I had some trouble snapping the darned thing back into place.

Archived