LegacyGT.com

The Tri-state I have just been to XXXXX and this restauant was great or awful thread

coxx

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest JessterCPA

Went to Mohawk House up in Sparta NJ. Good food. Service was a bit spotty, but overall a very nice time.

I started with PEI Mussels in a Tomato Garlc Broth. Had Flat Iron Steak with King Crab Leg & Asparagus.

Wife had the Lobster Corn Bisque, and had the Filet Mignon for entree. She enjoyed both.

One of out friends had the 'Chilean Sea Bass' and said it wasn't all that good.

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know of any good Mongolian BBQ spots? Havent had some good Mongolian bbq since i left my duty station in japan.

theres one in blauvelt ny, on rt 303 called khan's mongolian garden (khaaaaaaaaan!!!). been there a few times, and its been pretty good each time. im not a big fan of mongolian, but its there if u want to check it out.

also, theres one further south in new brunswick right by easton ave (rutgers area). called the round grill i think.

this was a while back, so cant say if the quality is as good as when it was new, but theres a sushi place in englewood on dean st by the starbucks/palisades ave. dont recall the name. i remember it being VERY good.

and to that person that mentioned 5 guys? yep, its a good burger. cajun fries are a must.

Guest heightsgtltd
Got rese's for 11 Madison In August...Any Reco's for what to order...Bringing my GF for her birthday. Will prob do the the 4 course, but the tasting menu could be good too...

Excellent Excellent choice.

If you can spring for it, go for the tasting as you will not be disappointed, just be prepared to be there for a while.

That being said, tons of great dishes on the 4 course. They change stuff up a lot so I am not sure what they will have at the time you go.

BTW, mention that it's for her birthday. They have amazing service, and it will only get better for a special occasion

Excellent Excellent choice.

If you can spring for it, go for the tasting as you will not be disappointed, just be prepared to be there for a while.

That being said, tons of great dishes on the 4 course. They change stuff up a lot so I am not sure what they will have at the time you go.

BTW, mention that it's for her birthday. They have amazing service, and it will only get better for a special occasion

Cool. Thanks. All the reviews say that the service is good, and the food is even better. Can't wait.

this was a while back, so cant say if the quality is as good as when it was new, but theres a sushi place in englewood on dean st by the starbucks/palisades ave. dont recall the name. i remember it being VERY good.

are you talking about wild ginger? if so, that's where i walked out before even ordering due to the people working there.

are you talking about wild ginger? if so, that's where i walked out before even ordering due to the people working there.

ymmv as w/ any restaurant review.

out of curiosity, did you go recently or back a year+ when i did (i havent gone back since)?

Guest JessterCPA
Wild Ginger may possibly be my favorite restaurant. I have gotten excellent meals every time I have been there, over a span of 3+ years or so.

ymmv as w/ any restaurant review.

out of curiosity, did you go recently or back a year+ when i did (i havent gone back since)?

this happened probably 5 years ago. there are enough alternatives in the area that i haven't felt a need to go back. as always, ymmv. :)

Archived