LegacyGT.com

The Tri-state I have just been to XXXXX and this restauant was great or awful thread

coxx

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dos Caminos for lunch yesterday :thumbsup:
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

great place for dinner or drinks, too. very nice scenery. ;)

totally ;)

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

leche - milk

lichee - fruit

or lychee depending on who you ask :lol:

• 5 weeks later...
Guest JessterCPA
or lychee depending on who you ask :lol:

Coxx,

What are Italians saying when they make zeppoli "e-liche". I know it means that it has a sardine or some salted fish inside, but what are the words they are using?

Coxx,

What are Italians saying when they make zeppoli "e-liche". I know it means that it has a sardine or some salted fish inside, but what are the words they are using?

:confused: not sure what you're askin. Those have anchovies inside em

Coxx,

Its prob some dialect. But yeah sometimes they put anchiovies in zeppolis.

yeah & FYI Jesse when they do that, they don't put powdered sugar on em :p

Here are a few places I like to eat at.

E&V in Paterson the Italian food is very good and they have huge portions. They only take cash though.

La Famiglia in Bogota also excellent Italian food and they have great prices.

Miyoshi in Hackensack great sushi the place has been there for 25 years and looks it but the fish is very fresh. Many fish suppliers actually each there.

Minado in Little Ferry. Its attached to trucker hotel but dont be scared that place is the best sushi/seafood buffet around. They have at least 15-20 different rolls and if you dont see what you like you just ask and they will make it. This place is always packed. I would suggest trying to go there for lunch because its half the price $14 but if you go for dinner they have either lobster tails or king crab legs.

Johns Pizza on 47th? down the block from Carmine's just skip that place and go to John's after you see a show, you'll save yourself a ton of money and time. Great brickoven pizza, also it used to be a church so its got lots of charm.

Amanda's in Hoboken. Great wine list and Food. Very intimate, Good for a date. Its built inside of a brownstone so there are different rooms you could eat in.

Bandland's Taco in Oradell its better than Taco Bell, Cipolete and Baja Fresh. Everything is fresh and made there I know because I worked there when I was younger. You will never eat taco anywhere else again.

Jerry's in Englewood not really a restaurant but they have lots of pre made Italian food. But what you really want to get there is their Italian Cold Cuts they sell Prosciutto for $8.99 a pound and its always fresh. Italians pack the place on Sundays.

Valenti's in Fairview also not a place to eat but the best bread and foccacio. Also I think they have the best fresh mozzarella.

Nice to see you contributing :)

I can vouch for La Famiglia in Bogota. I don't generally like italian, but their menu is top notch.

Definitely check out Mt. Fuji in Hasbrouck Heights. Forget hibachi though. Go straight to the sushi bar. My friend Jackie is the top sushi chef there and I refuse to eat sushi anywhere else. Ask him for something that's not on the menu. He'll think of new combinations on the fly. He never ceases to surprise us. No wonder! He was a sushi chef in Tokyo for 5 years. Also, the prices are more than fair, especially if you compare to Sushi Lounge (which is outrageous for what it is).

Here are a few places I like to eat at.

E&V in Paterson the Italian food is very good and they have huge portions. They only take cash though.

La Famiglia in Bogota also excellent Italian food and they have great prices.

Miyoshi in Hackensack great sushi the place has been there for 25 years and looks it but the fish is very fresh. Many fish suppliers actually each there.

Minado in Little Ferry. Its attached to trucker hotel but dont be scared that place is the best sushi/seafood buffet around. They have at least 15-20 different rolls and if you dont see what you like you just ask and they will make it. This place is always packed. I would suggest trying to go there for lunch because its half the price $14 but if you go for dinner they have either lobster tails or king crab legs.

Johns Pizza on 47th? down the block from Carmine's just skip that place and go to John's after you see a show, you'll save yourself a ton of money and time. Great brickoven pizza, also it used to be a church so its got lots of charm.

Amanda's in Hoboken. Great wine list and Food. Very intimate, Good for a date. Its built inside of a brownstone so there are different rooms you could eat in.

Bandland's Taco in Oradell its better than Taco Bell, Cipolete and Baja Fresh. Everything is fresh and made there I know because I worked there when I was younger. You will never eat taco anywhere else again.

Jerry's in Englewood not really a restaurant but they have lots of pre made Italian food. But what you really want to get there is their Italian Cold Cuts they sell Prosciutto for $8.99 a pound and its always fresh. Italians pack the place on Sundays.

Valenti's in Fairview also not a place to eat but the best bread and foccacio. Also I think they have the best fresh mozzarella.

Guest JessterCPA

^^ WOw. Lots of NNJ love here.

Went to Baumgarts in Englewood last night. Most excellent. Had some Salmon sushi & a shrimp tempura roll for an appy, followed by the Crispy Sesame Chicken for me & the Enoki Duck for my wife. Follow up with some Espresso Coffee Icecream w/ hot fudge, and a great meal was had.

^^ WOw. Lots of NNJ love here.

Went to Baumgarts in Englewood last night. Most excellent. Had some Salmon sushi & a shrimp tempura roll for an appy, followed by the Crispy Sesame Chicken for me & the Enoki Duck for my wife. Follow up with some Espresso Coffee Icecream w/ hot fudge, and a great meal was had.

baumgart's in englewood!!! yumm... been going there for like 20 yrs!

nothing like chinese food @ the malt shop/jewish deli/diner!:lol:

baumgart's in englewood!!! yumm... been going there for like 20 yrs!

nothing like chinese food @ the malt shop/jewish deli/diner!:lol:

I've been there. It's great! A guy I used to work for in the pizza place used to go there all the time with his wife & kids. I went with them once.

I've been there. It's great! A guy I used to work for in the pizza place used to go there all the time with his wife & kids. I went with them once.

ny backup FTMFW!! heights doesn't think there's oxygen outside manhattan ;)

:lol:

ny backup FTMFW!! heights doesn't think there's oxygen outside manhattan ;)

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

it's because most of jersey & whatever is like a long road of one applebees after another with some good places mixed in there :lol::lol::lol: At least you know better. I hate the people that get all excited for the olive garden :lol:

Guest JessterCPA
:lol::lol::lol:

it's because most of jersey & whatever is like a long road of one applebees after another with some good places mixed in there :lol::lol::lol: At least you know better. I hate the people that get all excited for the olive garden :lol:

Actually, what I don't get is people that go to the chains in NYC. If you are in NYC, at least go to a good place, not somewhere where you could get the same meal while you are shopping at the mall.

Archived