LegacyGT.com

20G vs 40BB (same dyno, same trans, same fuel, same day) dyno graphs here

fweasel

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you're comparing across different dynos, so they are all irrelevant

Most of them, yes. KTM's is appears to be on TDC's Land&Sea however.

No matter. I bow out. This has descended into shear stupidity.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

no amount of pixie dust will make up for the fact that the 20G wheel has 4lb more flow capacity, which is roughly 40hp worth.

this argument is so ludicrous it would be as if someone seriously believed a 20G would make more power then an FP green

Yet I have already told him, taken from the previous thread.....

40bb and the 18g both are 40lb/min turbos. the 20g is a 44lb/min which is a good amount larger. For comparison's sake the FP Green is a 49lb/min turbo and no one ever claims a 20g will produce more power then a Green.

There is a reason the 20g is not reccommend for TMIC use to obtain it's full potential and the 40BB is. The 20g simply will produce more power with everything else being equal.

Well 2005garnetGT and Infamous1 since I never agree with either of you im going with subloB...the 40bb is better, stronger, faster than both the 18g and 20g :)

Funny thing is it actually burns to agree with you :lol:. Naw this one really is a no brainer.....Quick spooling huge torque and more power UP TOP than a 20g? I think more than 4 people would own it and more shops would be carrying/developing it. Great turbo yes, godsend no, however it does maybe have a little pixie sprinkled in it. Remember it spools even after the car is shut off :eek:

Wow, some people need to get out and run or kick a puppy, lots of buried anger. I just offered up two similarly modded cars, differing only in the turbo selection, and the opportunity to run them on the same dyno to provide some statistically relevant comparisons that many have been crying for. I threw in a supra dyno chart as a place holder for some comedic relief. However, my paypal account in empty, Rao, Bosco, lock it up.
ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived