• Created
  • Last Reply

40BB : TD06-20G

10psi WG : 15psi WG

Stock recirc : Stock recirc

AEM CAI : AEM CAI

Perrin TMIC : Perrin TMIC

Stock TGV : Stock TGV

SP WI, Stage 2 MAF, safe injection, washer fluid : SP WI, Stage 2 MAF, safe injection, washer fluid

Stock mannifold : Stock mannifolds

PDE catless flex UP : ??? catless fex UP

Cobb catted DP : Cobb catted DP

SPT V1 3"/2.5" catback : AVO 3" mid/ 2.5" Y-pipes, stock cans

AVO fuel pump : Kenne Bell BAP

Deatschwerks 740cc : Perrin modified

AP V1 Protuned : AP V1 Street tuned

Prodrive EBCS : Prodrive EBCS

ignore him, he'll go away.

are you sure you put the right graph up? it's for a supra in 1999
That graph is a comical place holder for the real comparison to take place once enough funds have been collected. chum in the water.

:lol::lol::lol:

Here we go again! I'm shutting up this time :rolleyes:

:munch:

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

we all know the 20g will outshine the 40 on water/meth injection. Turn that off, ill bet they come close.

I'll pour grape juice on the intercooler and sing rich's car a lullaby if you want to see what it does to whp. send donations to my paypal account and we'll get it done.

Maybe you missed its the same setup but the turbo part of this thread :lol:

Not the same setup. The 40BB had a pro tune and the 20g had only a street tune? That can make a huge difference. Heck, I ahve seen a good tuner get 20+ HP from an e-tune on a stock turbo.

Not the same setup. The 40BB had a pro tune and the 20g had only a street tune? That can make a huge difference. Heck, I ahve seen a good tuner get 20+ HP from an e-tune on a stock turbo.

what do e-tunes have anything to do with this? My protune was done by Jorge at P&L who traditionally does not tune near the bleeding edge of the performance envelope. Not to mention I specifically requested a daily driver, long life, conservative tune. RC's street tune on the other hand has been refined for almost a year. Not only has he done an excellent, methodical job on the tune, he started off with a good base from another, local, experienced street tuner.

what do e-tunes have anything to do with this? My protune was done by Jorge at P&L who traditionally does not tune near the bleeding edge of the performance envelope. Not to mention I specifically requested a daily driver, long life, conservative tune. RC's street tune on the other hand has been refined for almost a year. Not only has he done an excellent, methodical job on the tune, he started off with a good base from another, local, experienced street tuner.

Hey TDC can do a better job :cool:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rich, as soon as enough donations come in, we'll book the time at P&L. I'll need enough to cover a brisket sammy as well. a mans gotta eat.

i'll buy the sammich's and refreshments for the pit crew let me know the day. we should get together at Route 66 on a test and tune day and see what two big hp cars will do maybe Rob would want to come too with his even bigger hp car. :) bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

i seriously dont understand why theres so much hate on this forum towards tdc. For this comparison, imo, you should do a run/tune on just pump, then a run on wi. TDC never claimed the 40bb would make more on racegas, which is the equivalent to what WI does. Furthermore, there are so many variables, ignition timing, different up-pipe, different agressive tunes that even on a dyno this wont solve the answer. Go to the ******* track, then driver is another variable. Whatever im done with this thread
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

seriously, the 40BB has an 18G compressor wheel... the 20G is bigger..

to deny that a 20G will make more power is to admit oneself a fool, because 44lb>40lb

Yeah but a turbo isn't just a compressor you know.

The 18G and 20G are typically paired with a TD05 or TD06 hotside housing.

The 40bb, on the other hand, uses the VF40 housing, which is a huge benefit.

You know, the VF40 hotside that everybody says chokes off the high-RPM performance of the stock system.

It's complicated.

But seriously, I'm looking forward to the results of this comparison.

Archived