LegacyGT.com

RalliTEK Lowering Springs - In Depth Review

sirsimon

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no clunk after about 1k miles. Like the nice even drop all the way around. As a practical matter I don't think you should go any lower in this part of the country.

Now that winter has turned my street into a nonstop series of undulating bumps I am thinking maybe I should consider upgrading my stock shocks to Konis or Bilsteins as the spring rates might be a little too stiff for the stockers.

Rallitek & Forum,

I love these springs. However the fronts did clunk. I took them out and put them in two other times, tweaking where the spring was sitting. The problem is the spring has a very small gap under the spring where it contacts the bottom of the strut. To fix this problem I installed 1/2" hose around the bottom coil to isolate the spring from the strut. It fixed it! So no more clunk. Woo, quite suspension. No more clunk over RR and speed bumps.

So everyone struggling with the clunk from this or other springs, grab yourself some 1/2" hose and put it over the bottom coil of the spring. You'll need about 12" or so of it per spring, and some silicone spray to help get it on. You'll also need a friend of two, cuz it's a PITA.

To Rallitek; You may want to start selling this wrapped with either special spring wrap or tell the customer to grab some 1/2" hose before they do the install.

-Apexjr

Over 500 sets sold. most have not had issues, but we will look into it. Thanks! Nice work!!

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

Installed my springs just before the holidays. Just got it aligned after the first of the year and have absolutely no complaints! Love the springs, but may need to upgrade shocks soon or consider inserts. Other than that, the increased body control and reduced movement speaks volumes.

I agree with lieutenantcolumbo insaying that the drop is perfect for this part of the country.

Thanks Rallitek for making up for the Eibach debacle.

monk

no trace of saggy butt, and looks it is leveling perfactly. i assume it wasn't seating on spec-b struts and JDM top hats right?

These springs sit a little bit higher on my USDM SpecB Bilstein top hats. I didn't really want to drop the car very far, just improve the ride and have it visually level. I was able to achieve this as expected with RalliTEK springs and rear spacers.

installed my springs today and a bit of a clunk in the rear. might just be from something i did wrong but just want to double check no need to cut bump stops on a spec.b right? trying to eliminate everything.

No you do not need to cut bump stops with our springs. Check the top hats are fully seated at the shock. That is the most common install problem.

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

No you do not need to cut bump stops with our springs. Check the top hats are fully seated at the shock. That is the most common install problem.

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

i put them on correctly, or so i thought. will take them off again this weekend and see. anyone have a pic of them before you put them back on your car? if this is the problem would this explain the clunk noise and the overly harsh ride?

i put them on correctly, or so i thought. will take them off again this weekend and see. anyone have a pic of them before you put them back on your car? if this is the problem would this explain the clunk noise and the overly harsh ride?

Check the upper shock bolt with the car sitting on the ground. There is a shoulder on the shock that the top hat must sit below. If the shock nuts (center of the upper mount) are now loose that was the issue.

That is a common issue installing any springs.

Sean S.

Check the upper shock bolt with the car sitting on the ground. There is a shoulder on the shock that the top hat must sit below. If the shock nuts (center of the upper mount) are now loose that was the issue.

That is a common issue installing any springs.

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

Would this also attribute to more squeaking since the install? I get no clunking noises just the squeaking noises when going up my driveway's curb.

• 1 month later...

I'm jumping in a little late but i just ordered a set from Bud (Sean was out at lunch). looking forward to the springs.

Sean, anymore issues with the springs clunking? I have done springs for my wrx, any write ups for the legacy?

thanks and looking forward to my springs.

I'm jumping in a little late but i just ordered a set from Bud (Sean was out at lunch). looking forward to the springs.

Sean, anymore issues with the springs clunking? I have done springs for my wrx, any write ups for the legacy?

thanks and looking forward to my springs.

Thanks for the order. I am sure you will love them! I am not in our sales dept. and can not help with orders, tracking or inventory. I am strictly technical. I am glad Bud (our customer service manager) took care of the order for you. All issues with clunking have been related to installation issues. There are no design issue with noise installing our springs. If you need any help or advice on install just let me know. I am always glad to help!

Thank you again,

Sean S.

^^^

Hey Sean, can you point me to a place where i can find the correct installation directions? or if you can give me a quick run down on what's needed?

I did my struts and springs in my 03 wrx but it's been a few years.

thanks again

^^^

Hey Sean, can you point me to a place where i can find the correct installation directions? or if you can give me a quick run down on what's needed?

I did my struts and springs in my 03 wrx but it's been a few years.

thanks again

The spring installation is very similar to your WRX. The procedure is exactly the same on the front, and even easier than WRX on the rear. I don't think we have step by step install instructions but there are installation pics here:

http://www.rallitek.com/raspforlegt.html

Just scroll down the page and there are 2 slideshows. They may help.

I am glad to help with anything you are unsure about. Just post up or contact me!

Sean S.

Going to be maybe a hard question to answer but i did get a set of JDM Bilsteins shocks and struts for my 01 LGT sedan, I believe they came off a wagon. Would your Rallitek springs work with my JDM Bilsteins setup and lower my car?

Anyone know if there is a difference from JDM Bilsteins to USDM Bilsteins?? I don't think there is....

Our springs work fine on USDM Bilsteins. (the front drop is .3" less)

Hey Sean, installed the springs today and so far so good. now clunking. one quick question though:

the piece of metal that fits between the rubber cushion and under the top hat, that piece has a portion that sticks down. do i face that towards the inside of the car or face away from the car? i just want to be 100% before i take it to get it aligned.

thanks

Archived