LegacyGT.com

Bosch ICON Wipers

D_J

My stock wiper blades don't seem to be holding up well in the heavy rain.

I saw the Bosch ICON wipers were top of the line but had an awkward design.

Anybody tried these wipers on their Subaru...any other premium brands worth checking out?

The price tag for a set of the Bosch ICON's is $50 - $60.

If you havent bought them already dont. They SUCK

they started streaking 2 weeks after i installed them on my LGT

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After a good month of useage I wanted to report back. I noticed that the Valeos will leave a streak where the passenger wiper stops after about a week of use. I washed the car and got ride of the "rubber-like" streak and it didn't come back. Seemed to be some sort of initial residue wear off. Since then, they have been great. :D
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• 9 months later...

No major complaints with the Bosch Icons but two things of note:

1. They freeze when temps drop below 30 and are very loud and inefficient at cleaning the windshield unless you use a boatload of fluid and heat from the defrost

2. when cold (ie 30-35 degrees) outside it seems as though there will be a faint line of residue where the passenger wiper ends on its upstroke(?). Even though the driver's side wiper comes back down and "clears" it, you can still see remnants.

Other than that, they're great. In fact in temps of 40 and higher they're the best wipers I've ever used

yes the icon's are nice, however i'd look at the Trico Neoforms. they are same design a little cheaper an have a teflon coating. i have used them on my subbie, my moms subbie, an my land rover they work well in all sorts of weather. I know we keep them in stock at advance auto parts an we will install them for free if u cant figure it out yourself

I have these as well after taking the advice of some people on here. As soon as I put them on I loved them and I am very OCD when it comes to clean windows inside and out. After having them about two weeks now, they don't tend to clean all the salt spray off in an even sweep. Where the center of the wiper contacts the windshield is nice and clean but the edges are not.

24A

18B

Are the correct wipers.

So far, no problems with the Icons. They're the first Bosch wiper I've used that have lasted this long, now 14 months. I usually change twice a year.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I have these as well after taking the advice of some people on here. As soon as I put them on I loved them and I am very OCD when it comes to clean windows inside and out. After having them about two weeks now, they don't tend to clean all the salt spray off in an even sweep. Where the center of the wiper contacts the windshield is nice and clean but the edges are not.

24A

18B

Are the correct wipers.

:confused:

I was just in Pep Boys today looking at getting these wipers, and the Bosch book at the wipers display said Icon 424A for drivers side, and Icon 418A for passenger side.

But they were out of the 424A, so I was looking at the RainX Latitudes, and noticed they were on sale... buy one, get one free. Its a mail in rebate, but whatever. Sold. :) Paid $41.13 with tax, and I'll be getting 17.99 back.

I'm lost on the Rain-X ones. :confused: Are these some super versions I'm missing??? :lol: I just replaced the ones on my fiancee's car and they were $8.99 a piece at Target. :iam:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I'm lost on the Rain-X ones. :confused: Are these some super versions I'm missing??? :lol: I just replaced the ones on my fiancee's car and they were $8.99 a piece at Target. :iam:

After looking at RainX's site, I believe you bought the Weatherbeater wiper blade. The "super version" that we've been talking about is the Bosch Icon or RainX Latitude. Both are a different design from the typical wiper.

check out the RainX wipers here...

http://www.rainx.com/Products/Wiper_Blades/Weatherbeater.aspx

http://www.rainx.com/Products/Wiper_Blades/Latitude.aspx

I have both the Valeo and the Bosch wipers on the cars. I have to give the upper hand to the valeo's. Great deal at tirerack. I have the valeo's on the LGT for the last 3 years :o. Been though 1 wither with 60+" of rain and 2 trips from the bay area to Seattle. We put the Bosch on the FXT last winter before the trip to seattle in that. The Bosch's are starting to show their wear, and the Valeo's are still going great.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

• 10 months later...

Thread revival!

Well, I've had these on since November 2007 :eek: and they still do their job quite well, even if they do leave very minuscule streaks (which does not really bother me). They are still as quiet as the day I put them on, and with my windshield cured with and a wiper fluid tank full of Rain-X, I've NEVER had a problem driving in the rain or snow. In fact, I've actually enjoyed driving in bad weather :lol:

I have DEFINITELY gotten more than my money's worth with these blades. I'm going to retire them after this winter though and put on a new set come early spring, just to cover my ass. Maybe perhaps even earlier.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I have DEFINITELY gotten more than my money's worth with these blades. I'm going to retire them after this winter though and put on a new set come early spring, just to cover my ass. Maybe perhaps even earlier.

I bought a new set today. Advance Auto has them on sale so now might be the time.;)

Yeah, just took off the Bosch wipers and replaced with the latest vesion sold at the local Costco for $7.99 each. I think it is the "Goodyear" brand and paid a total of 16 bucks to replace what I paid $40 or so for the bosch a year ago.

I really like the Goodyears. I highly recommend them.

Had them for about a month in the crazy west coast rain...snow and sleet and declare them freaking great!

Happy as can be!

Bosch icons all the way!

J

+1

I've been running these for a couple weeks. I'll never go back. Even though the lesser grade Bosch wipers are great when fresh too.

Thankfully I asked for a good-guy price at my local autoparts store and they sold them to me for about 34 bucks for the pair. I saw the regular list price and they are over 50 bucks a pair!

Which is indeed a LOT of money to pay for wiper blades.

i bought the flexible michelin blades similar to the icons. i believe they are made by pylon. anyway i've had them for about 2 yrs. the passenger side is still wiping really good, but the driver side has been streaking since day one. when it wipes up, its clean, but on the way down it streaks. i thought i had defective ones, but my friend has these and do the same thing. i'm just curious if this is a design flaw by michelin (pylon) or design flaw in general with this type of flexible wiper blade.

overall, about 90% satisfied, other than the driverside streaking. i'm also one of them wierdos that like driving in bad weather. mineral free windshield + rainx + decent wiper blades = magic. i drove my brother 09 wrx when it was brand new and had regular washer fluid; crap it was dangerous. rainx should be mandatory!

I've sworn by the Bosch Icons since they were introduced. With a good product superior to alternative brands comes a higher price. I tried the Latitudes and other brands, but didn't like them. The Ancos are a good brand if cost is a factor. I usually change my blades every 6 to 12 months.

Archived