LegacyGT.com

Bosch ICON Wipers

D_J

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was supposed to get new wipers from the stealership and they didnt put them on so they are supposed to send them to me but they havent sent me crap i gotta call and bitch them out again today. I hate stealerships

I picked up some of the Bosch ICONs and I gotta say I'm not to impressed. I liked them a lot in the rain at first but after a few months they started to streak. And forget about using them at high speeds (40mph+) The springs in either the arms or the blades are not strong enough to keep them tight on the windshield. The radio ad Rain X blades advertise a spoiler that remedies this but the Bosch blades fail.

• 2 weeks later...
i have had ICONS for over a year now, and i love them. i was a little sceptical about the internal spring being strong enough to hold the wiper against the windshield, but I've been pleasantly surprised so far. they hardly flutter even when the car wash dryer is blasting right on them! 9 times out of 10 if a wiper is streaking , it's because the blade is really dirty. i usually just run it through my fingers and it gets better. i also like to use that rainx wiper fluid. have any of you guys tried using any?
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

• 3 weeks later...
Could someone post pics of these or the Valeo's? I guess I'm just a little confused what it actually replaces and how it looks. :redface: I'm looking at the bogo on tirerack.com right now. :D
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

i also just installed them on mine and WOW. its a day and night difference to my old wipers....i just wish i had the ICONs when we had our snow, freezing rain and resulting ice...

in action shot for LegGTLT:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7214/img2654yh2.jpg

they are so quiet and not a single streak :D i highly recommend the ICONs :p

Thanks! :D I actually ended up ordering the Valeo (sp?) since they were buy one get one free, cost me $26 shipped. I really like them! :D No streak and UNREAL "wiping" ability. :lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Thanks! :D I actually ended up ordering the Valeo (sp?) since they were buy one get one free, cost me $26 shipped. I really like them! :D No streak and UNREAL "wiping" ability. :lol:
I just put on the PIAA ones....kind of spendy but at lease they match my headlights and foglights :lol:

I got the valeo's before last rainy season so I have been though 2 seasons with them on the LGT. We average 60 - 80" of rain a year and I have not even seen any streaking. We just got Bosch put on the FXT and drove to Seattle and back this winter and had no problems.

I had the rain-x treatment on my previous car and wasn't that happy with it because it would cause a fogging affect in light rain. But we now have Aquapel on both the LGT and the FXT. I put it on the FXT this winter in Seattle, but have had it on the LGT for 2 seasons now and haven't had to re-apply. I had to re-apply the rain-x at least once a season. Definatally recommended. Does great in the rain and snow.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here. I had both the Valeos and the Bosch Icons and I like the Icons better.

Don't know if I just got a bad Valeo but the driver's side wiper streaked like crazy at both ends after about a month of normal winter use.

The Icons I have on now have been on my car since just after Christmas and still work like new.

Archived