LegacyGT.com

Bosch ICON Wipers

D_J

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just replaced my Valeo's and this time did both cars. I put the valeo's on my LGT the first winter with my car. So that makes 3 winters on the same blades 8). I put on the Bosch Icons on the FXT last winter and they didn't really last and were just starting to be ready for replacement.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

bosch's seemed to work great for the first 3-4 months i had them, ive had mine on now since march and the visability is so so now, we've had rain about 2-3 times a week since june, any idea on the lifespan of the blades? they still work 10x better than the subaru blades, but the visability has gone down a bit over the past few months

Valeos are 2 for 1 right now on Tirerack.com, or maybe they always are. :iam::lol:

Just bought my second pair. For $28/pair w/shipping, you can't really go wrong with these. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• 3 months later...
Yeah, just took off the Bosch wipers and replaced with the latest vesion sold at the local Costco for $7.99 each. I think it is the "Goodyear" brand and paid a total of 16 bucks to replace what I paid $40 or so for the bosch a year ago.

I really like the Goodyears. I highly recommend them.

Same here!

I saw these on sale at Costco and I knew that for $8/wiper it was definitely a steal.

I've used PIAA Super Silicone, GY Assurance, and OEM Subaru wipers. In terms of performance, I'd rank them as follows:

1. PIAA Super Silicone - the silicone blades here are the best and there is no comparison. the water consistently beads up with no windshield treatment at all.

2. GY Assurance - zero streaking so far. although the material performance isn't as good as the PIAA, at $8 per wiper you cannot complain.

3. OEM Subaru Wipers - last for a little less than 2 years. they were good when they were new but after this past winter, the blades started tearing apart.

Same here!

I saw these on sale at Costco and I knew that for $8/wiper it was definitely a steal.

I've used PIAA Super Silicone, GY Assurance, and OEM Subaru wipers. In terms of performance, I'd rank them as follows:

1. PIAA Super Silicone - the silicone blades here are the best and there is no comparison. the water consistently beads up with no windshield treatment at all.

2. GY Assurance - zero streaking so far. although the material performance isn't as good as the PIAA, at $8 per wiper you cannot complain.

3. OEM Subaru Wipers - last for a little less than 2 years. they were good when they were new but after this past winter, the blades started tearing apart.

So for the past 2 days it has rained and I've been able to give a more thorough review on the GY Assurance. As I had previously said, it's definitely a good wiper for $8/wiper.

However, it seems the driver's side wiper blade at the bottom sort of bounces/vibrates at speed causing it to not really wipe away water cleaning at the very problem. It won't affect your view, but it's just a bit bothersome.

The rain doesn't bead at all in the wiping area of this particular blade. The PIAA is amazing in this regard.

Otherwise, it's not a bad wiper. I think it'll probably last a year or two - not as long as the PIAA.

PIAA wipers are just magical.

Aqueous Thought, My mom used the PIAA's on her old Merc and she liked it a lot. lasted about 18 months in Seattle rain before she sold the car with it on it. You can get them from http://www.tirerack.com. I really have liked the Valeo's that have lasted 24 months on my LGT and just replaced them with another set on both the LGT and FXT in November. I got them from the same place and they regularly sell them for buy one get one free on the Valeo's.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived