LegacyGT.com

cleaning the inside

just got my 08 a little over a month ago...all the surfaces are textures...the dash almost feels like a lint roller would be best fo rthe fuzzies and dust up there....what do you guys use? and products you guys recommend for the finish in the legacy?

Honestly, i use a CLEAN damp chamoise(sp) on all the surfaces. It leaves no residue and all the dirt/lint sticks to it. Then about every other month i use a conditioner on the hard surfaces. Also with leather, the chamoise (water absorbing cloth for exterior) will lift all dust and dirt nicely! So, this makes claening quick and easy with great results.

yeah I have a little brush that has red cloth on one end and somthing like a paint brush on the other end. The cloth gets the dust while the paint brush can get in between buttons on your dash controls and little places a big thing cant. A swiffer also works really well I use that sometimes too. If you dont like dust on your dash then stay away from Armorall. I use a leather/vinyl cleaner then conditioner that conditions but doesnt leave stuff greasy. I use armorall on my ATVs and my boat seats but for the car I keep it off the interior. It looks nice and shiny till you sit in it and your clothes get greasy followed by massive ammounts of dust sticking to that "shine"

armorall is greasy and dust sticks to it badly. It's not good for your plastic either. It eventually leads to damaged plastics.

303 is about the BEST i have ever used. You can't beat the ultraviolet protection and the cleaning abilities of 303. It will keep plastics like new for years and years. that's ALL i use on plastics / vinyl. Don't use it on leather though.

just got my 08 a little over a month ago...all the surfaces are textures...the dash almost feels like a lint roller would be best fo rthe fuzzies and dust up there....what do you guys use? and products you guys recommend for the finish in the legacy?

Welcome to the forum, I noticed you were from CO, you should say hello over on the regional forums, we have a section for colorado members.

I'm going to try out 303 this week and get back with a review on how it does with my interior.

Beware of the center console where the cup holder is, it will misteriously melt for no reason...

It is a totally different material than the rest of the interior. I always wondered how long they would last. Might be good to be careful with what you clean it with. the department store auto parts section usually just have crap for cleaners.

Try a microfiber towel. These are great for just wiping the lint/dust away. They are also mandatory for waxing and window cleaning.

As for products, I've got nothing but good things to say about LEXOL producuts. No greasy residue/shine, especially with a wipe down with a microfiber towel afterwards.

Beware of the center console where the cup holder is, it will misteriously melt for no reason...

The center console does not melt "for no reason".

It may melt if you clean it with gasoline.

It may melt if your cell phone shorts out while charging on top of it.

It may melt if you keep spilling your grain alcohol 44 ouncer on it.

It may melt if your driving technique blows your transmission.

It may melt if you are cursed.

It doesn't melt for no reason.

Try a microfiber towel. These are great for just wiping the lint/dust away. They are also mandatory for waxing and window cleaning.

As for products, I've got nothing but good things to say about LEXOL producuts. No greasy residue/shine, especially with a wipe down with a microfiber towel afterwards.

:whore:

Just make sure you don't hit the parking light switch on the steering column. :p

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Agree with many of the previous posters....keep a swiffer wipe in your car. It is amazing as quickly picking up all dust.

After that, I've been using Lexol Leather Conditioner on my interior plastics. It puts a really deep matte finish on the deeply textured stuff, but I'm sure 303 is far better. I've been hearing about 303 for years and years and have been too cheap or lazy to get it.

Joe

The center console does not melt "for no reason".

It may melt if you clean it with gasoline.

It may melt if your cell phone shorts out while charging on top of it.

It may melt if you keep spilling your grain alcohol 44 ouncer on it.

It may melt if your driving technique blows your transmission.

It may melt if you are cursed.

It doesn't melt for no reason.

What if I keep spilling my 44 ouncer of gasoline on it?.. Grain alcohol is for pansies..

Too shiny for me.. sun hits the dash and it reflects right up into the windshield. I much prefer the matte finish as it comes from the factory - now if only I could find a cleaner/protectant that had no shine to it.

Hmm, it's not too shiny for me, and I hate the look of the armoral vinyl wipes. :confused:

I do wipe it with a dry microfiber towel after applying it though. I thought it brought back the look it had when it was new. The dash was starting to look faded, since all I used before was a microfiber towel to wipe the dust off.

I use 303 on the outside plastics and weather sripping in the doors.

Archived