LegacyGT.com

Post your ACCIDENT photos

bsdzine

Wheel/suspension damage? Airbags deployed? Engine quit? Door(s) stuck? Looks like a total given the year.

I wish your buddy good luck with dealing with damaged mods and insurance companies. It ain't pretty.

I depends on the company and your agent. Mine has always been spot-on when working with my vehicles and mods. Big thing is having receipts and invoices ready to go.

No wheel damage luckily so some parts had dibs called on them but they wanted 8K to buy it back so he wanted to instead put that as a down payement on his next car. engine was probably toast by the looks, I never got to see it up close after the accident.

Dealing with the insurance was quite the hassle. He talked with them back and forth for almost a month. He had all his reciepts so I'm not sure the hold up. Probably trying to find a way to not pay the $15K he dumped in the last 6 months lol

torque impresses girrls, hp impresses flat-bills

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he has gap insurance to cover all the mods, it's conceivable they've giving him 25k.

Gap insurance is for covering the differential between what you owe on a vehicle and what it is worth. Additional insurance coverage is required as policies have limits specified for what they will cover in aftermarket parts (be that stereo, wheels or go fast bits). Or at least that is how all of my insurance contracts have been.

The reasoning of the insurance company is "what will I get for this car at salvage" and also along the lines "if this car was to sell right before the accident, what would it fetch".

Bottom line mods may have value for you but it does not mean they increase the value of the car on the market. In fact sometimes it devalues it.

15K you would be lucky to see a fraction of that.

Receipts don't establish value but they do establish, to an extent, the presence of what you say you had.

I bent a wheel the other day when some anus abyss thought his car could handle the snowy turn and ran me into a curb... I swapped out my full-sized spare and had my car aligned, but I still need to find another wheel to replace my spare. :mad:
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

25k? The car looks like an 05-06. No way any insurance company would give you 25k. Calling your bluff

Lol ok. That's fine. I'm telling you how it is so believe what you want. He had over 12K in parts they reimbursed and then the value of the car. He was covered and finally got them to pay out.

It is entirely possible for them to have paid exactly 12K for those parts.

It is not factual that they would never do that. It depends on many factors, claim rep incompetence being one of them ;)

Not hinting that amount would not have been owed, I don't know the details, just sounds way high for me.

It is entirely possible for them to have paid exactly 12K for those parts.

It is not factual that they would never do that. It depends on many factors, claim rep incompetence being one of them ;)

Not hinting that amount would not have been owed, I don't know the details, just sounds way high for me.

car valued at +/- 13K

transmission just put in 5K

built motor w/ rotated kit with 5K on it - +/- 8K

all other supporting mods suspension, wheels, exhaust, dp, clutch etc etc couple K

theres 28K.

if you wanna start a debate feel free to gather your own conclusions. He's already been paid and is driving his new car. So argue with yourself if you want. this is a photo thread. All I was sharing was a buddys newly built LGT just got totaled.

if you wanna start a debate

I wasn't debating you, I was actually agreeing with you.

I think you need to re-read what was said.

The reason I said the offer was high because for example maintenance of a car (new tranny) is just that, maintenance. If I can source a working tranny with warranty for 2K I don't owe you 5K for a brand new one. I also don't owe for a laundry list of mods, not dollar for dollar. Those mods have value to you but don't necessarily raise the value of the vehicle. You see heavily modded cars selling for a fraction of the actual cost all the time. Have you ever seen a modded car sell dollar for dollar? There you go!

But, bad reps are abound and your friend benefited from it so all I am saying is good for him! :lol:

28K for a 2005 Legacy GT is one hell of a deal.

I'm in OP but not a part of KC Subaru yet. I'ld love to thou. I go to Cleveland Chiropractic College. And just bought a new WRX ;)http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/04/reha2eze.jpg

So you're saying that buying a new car while going to college was an accident?

So you're saying that buying a new car while going to college was an accident?

Oh, I didn't notice it was that threat, I was just replying from my cell. and u don't have to be a smart ass about it...

• 2 weeks later...
Not an accident. But, my mom drove home on a flat and ended up with this... It was smoking all over the place when she pulled into her driveway. :rolleyes:

20130112_162415.thumb.jpg.a417c6402b1db065a17d8680a7ff8ed9.jpg

20130112_162421.thumb.jpg.ed12827a3e5cc57a6b59d330d9ab7def.jpg

20130112_162433.thumb.jpg.533edf4c50be1cd56cc41b661db42f80.jpg

Not an accident. But, my mom drove home on a flat and ended up with this... It was smoking all over the place when she pulled into her driveway. :rolleyes:

Women in general are not suppose to drive :) I'm glad the car is ok man

oops.jpg.09d35d4850f77161bd943620cb9cc29f.jpg

oops1.jpg.cf454b7980f5b475f2e24ac84eebba3e.jpg

oops2.jpg.eb4e8f68042888c3cdc06ade229b962c.jpg

Making a left hand turn in springfield mass. Cleared on coming trafic and began making turn when a ford explorer behind me thought it would be a good idea to go into on coming trafic to try and pass me. Got about half way into my turn when he hit the driver door and pushed my car through the lane didnt look like much but did about 6 grand worth of damage when all was said and done!

Women in general are not suppose to drive :) I'm glad the car is ok man

Haha. Thanks! She told me it felt flat but she didn't want to stop for air. I was astounded by that decision.

What hit you and how? Little story, please!

• 5 months later...

I'm a ****ing idiot. Backed my car into a concrete pillar last night in an empty parking deck. It was dark, so everything kind of blended together (the pillar is the same color as the deck), and that, coupled with the fact that it kind of stayed in my blind spot behind my D pillar as I was turning around backing up led to my clipping it pretty badly with the right rear 3/4 panel. I can't believe I did something so stupid, and I am so UNBELIEVABLY angry with myself right now. Any other part of the car and it would be easy enough to repair... but this is probably just going to have to stay. UGH.

946241_10200269685168079_710180505_n.jpg

942987_10200269685448086_250068485_n.jpg

Archived