LegacyGT.com

Please post here if you have or had the wheel noise

bgLGT

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I called SOA today to confirm that they had received the form I filed with the dealer. I have a case number now, they said that they don't take these issues lightly and that I would be hearing back from them. I guess we'll find out. Basically, my decision to EVER buy a Subaru again hinges on how SOA deals with this situation.

No update yet. Supposedly they are in contact with corporate to see if its in fact a transmission prob or not. They said they'd give me a call Monday, but we'll see. Its gonna be more of me calling them since they never seem to pick up the phone and give me updates like they say they would.

Hopefully this gets sorted out soon.....i'm stuck driving around in a Kia rental.

should have gone to Santa Cruz. At least there they would have had a Subaru rental for ya. I am taking mine back. The low pitched wine is gone, but there is still a high pitched wine at about 45mph after a warm up time.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Ok...just got an update from the dealer. They ordered a few new bearings for the front transmission, and surprisingly new rear transfer case bearings for the diff too. They said my car should be good to go friday if they receive the parts on time. I'll list off all the parts they replaced once everything is completed.

omg im so sick of hearing these bearing i think i might have more then one , my car is out of warranty and powertrain also so i'm going to subaru corporate office and try to talk to someone about this issue i have 2 legacys and on one dealer cant hear jack and other is just umbeliveble but hopefuly we'll see.

omg im so sick of hearing these bearing i think i might have more then one , my car is out of warranty and powertrain also so i'm going to subaru corporate office and try to talk to someone about this issue i have 2 legacys and on one dealer cant hear jack and other is just umbeliveble but hopefuly we'll see.

Are both cars exhibiting the symptom? :(

What model years are the cars? Which bearings do you think are going bad?

My squeal has become terrible since it warmed back up down here. It was very cold when I took it in and no noise. Since then it has become extremely loud... I can acutally feel a slight vibration as my car comes to a stop. Part of me hopes it will sieze on the freeway so that I can sue the **** out of Subaru for the headaches they've caused me by hiring incompetant engineers to design vital components of automobiles.
lol

Well too early to tell but I've put about 500 miles on the second new wheel bearing and no squeal yet. I don't really trust it...I hope we get a recall but I'm doubtful.

It'll be back. Mine didn't take long.

It's still intermittent in frequency but 2 nights ago it was pretty damn loud.

2006 LGT

My left front started squealing speed dependent at 500 miles. It sounded like the brakes at first, but now with 15,000 it sounds like a cat fight. After the temps drop to below 50°F outside it seems to go away.

I took it in to Royal on the East side in Bloomington, IN and they would not work on my car unless they "charged" me for stripping the paint off of my brake calipers to ensure that the paint was not the problem.:mad: I plan to take it to an Indianapolis Subaru next spring and try again.

I took it in to Royal on the East side in Bloomington, IN and they would not work on my car unless they "charged" me for stripping the paint off of my brake calipers to ensure that the paint was not the problem.:mad: I plan to take it to an Indianapolis Subaru next spring and try again.

WTF is that?!

Good grief...that's a sure sign to not go there period. Dolts! :mad: Look at the pad, look at the rotor....that's all that is needed to see if the brakes are the issue. And have them check with regional SOA cause most of us have been back for wheel bearing issues.

Don't let them shake you down for your lunch money man!

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I almost got my car there... but it had a spoiler... so no.

I would raise hell if they gave some excuse like that.

lol

Archived