LegacyGT.com

What's with all the BMW fanbois on Subaru forums?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have been through this before, this is the lineage of the Monarchy:

SRT4-->Legacy-->335i-->135i-->GT-R

You forgot the Z06

I'll give everyone that the last M car generation had some very sinister looking cars (02ish M5 and M3), but the new ones to me are fairly ugly. THey are like unfinished designs or something. I like the 3 coupes, but when I started putting options on a 328ix it got to be well over $40k. The few I have driven the seats were rock hard leather (it was like sitting on a slab of concrete with leather on them). I guess I just will never get the BMW thing.

This is true, but anytime anyone brings up a MB or an Audi they are instantly flamed and whatever car that is mentioned is instantly compared to either the M3 or touched by the finger of god 335i. You also never see anyone ever really bashing a BMW either. I guess I really don't get why people have the BMW can do no wrong additude even when there are known problems with them. Those same problems are invisible or attempted to be instantly dismissed when it comes to a BMW. You mention Audi, with in a few posts someone will talk about reliablity and then get into the whole 00-02 S4 "turbo problem", or 02-03 ignition coil problem, or even some friend of a friend/someone they know has one and its always in the shop (yet no one can give actual examples of said mass problems). I've driven a M roadster, a M3, a M5, and even an M6 and wasn't overly impressed (I'll fully admitt that I am no race car driver). THey were are very tail happy and if the ground was wet the back end would easily come around. Yet everyone talks about how great the handling is. Its probably just me, but I just don't buy into the whole BMW thing.

simple: some people are blinded by love [for the car].

Keefe

Untrue!!!!! There is but one car that was forged in the small town of Belevidere Wisconsin that can kill all that oppose it................

http://www.rfmsports.com/SWC/News/_MG_1787%20(Small).JPG

That's Belvidere, Illinois, if you please.

Archived