LegacyGT.com

What's with all the BMW fanbois on Subaru forums?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean come on, if every enthusiast and consumer magazine you read is rating the 3 series numero uno in handling, comfort, dynamics, engine, chassis, interior, exterior, etc etc and doing so year after year after year, model after model, they can't all be wrong and they aren't all having their palms greased by BMW are they?

You would have to be a true BMW hater or someone who has better control of his finances (read can't afford it) not to run to the dealer and buy one! :D

If I could justify the expense to my wife I would be in one yesterday lol :D

Of course with a few cheap mods on a 335i, and you'll be lucky to even be able to make out those tail lights as they become a small spec on the horizon.:lol:

I like the way BMW's drive, and I used to sell them. The LGT is a great car for the money and in 2005 was an easy choice over a 325i or even a 330i. Given more money for a car I don't think the LGT/Spec B is in the same league as a 335i, but for the price difference I don't expect it to be.

I bought in 2005 and the LGT was the easy choice over the 325i & 330i

Today the choice isn't so easy.

I like the way that the 530i that I test drove rode better than the LGT but couldn't afford that much of a car.

If I had the money I would be driving something else. But I don't. And I would have to make double what I am now to really even consider buying one...

I bought in 2005 and the LGT was the easy choice over the 325i & 330i

Today the choice isn't so easy.

I like the way that the 530i that I test drove rode better than the LGT but couldn't afford that much of a car.

If I had the money I would be driving something else. But I don't. And I would have to make double what I am now to really even consider buying one...

^ You should have tested a Spec.B. :p

Guest heightsgtltd
^ You should have tested a Spec.B. the best car ever made from any company throughout the history of car making and into perpetuity :p

Yeah man most of the people here and in all car forums are car people or like me love anything with a motor. So I will drool/give props to anything that comes out that looks good and/or throws my ass back into the seat. Really anyone who thinks one car is the best and hates on other cars just because he has the car or whatever is lame. People just like what they like

You know what I don't like is the orange dash illumination. I much prefer the electroluminescent white that we have.

I love the blue that VW uses :wub: Then again, I love blue lighting for some odd reason.

btw... Favorite cars/trucks: '08 Jeep SRT8, '08 Mustang Bullitt, VW R32, Infiniti EX35, and '08 WRX/STI hatchbacks. Seems to be a wide mix in what I like - there are domestic, German, and Japanese car/trucks in that mix.

I love the blue that VW uses :wub: Then again, I love blue lighting for some odd reason.

Blue is a soothing color, that's why.

I have a Golf TDI as a dd and I like the blue lighting on the instruments too.

Back on topic, I test drove a e34 525i many many years ago. I remember the car wasn't particularly fast but it did everything extremely well. It handled very well, even in the wet. It rode well. There is something to be said for the 50/50 wgt distribution - the car was just very balanced in all aspects.

I think everyone should go test-drive one, especially one with sports suspensions... take some high speed curves and feel how the car just communicates with you.

My LGT is modified with sways and lowered springs - it handles extremely well but at the sacrifice of some ride quality.

I have enough drama for now.....

I test drove a Porsche 911 C2S back in June '06 - easily the best car I ever driven. It roared like an animal when you put the hammer down, and hugged around corners like nobody's business.

I can dream all I want of having one, but that test drive is likely the closest I'll ever come again to the Porsche experience.

Guest heightsgtltd
I test drove a Porsche 911 C2S back in June '06 - easily the best car I ever driven. It roared like an animal when you put the hammer down, and hugged around corners like nobody's business.

I can dream all I want of having one, but that test drive is likely the closest I'll ever come again to the Porsche experience.

F that!

set goals, work hard, there is no reason that you can't get one at some point

I wouldn't call BWM mods cheap.

The electronic tuning on the 335i has proven to be rather inexpensive (around $1300) and nets over 300whp, and 360lb-ft at the wheels. That is pretty damn stout, for not a lot of quid.

I don't. I want a McLegacy to go with my McInfinity (for her) and our McRangeRover and my McWrangler and a small suburbian house and 2 kids.

im with you there f1 and you can leave out all the mcshit for me please:lol:

id also like to switch from a suburbian house to a rural lot with a LARGE garage in the back and a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom normal house and a wooded lot in the back. i cant start to list the cars or types cause i want them all;)

iv gained about 100hp and tq for probably around $1300

What are your dyno numbers?

I can only estimate that an electronics package like that offered by Vishnu on the 335i would be making around 350hp at the crank and a little over 400lb-ft to put down over 300whp and 360lb-ft to the wheels. Not a bad gain, although a little expensive compared to other tuning for other cars.

BMWs OwN Yu!!!!!

You guys must not have received the memo, the 335 is the new King of Cars (well it was until the GT-R appeared in the magazines). The days of Subaru are over. Audi never had a chance, neither did VW.

No the Spec B is the king of all cars! All hail the king!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BMWs OwN Yu!!!!!

You guys must not have received the memo, the 335 is the new King of Cars (well it was until the GT-R appeared in the magazines). The days of Subaru are over. Audi never had a chance, neither did VW.

Untrue!!!!! There is but one car that was forged in the small town of Belevidere Wisconsin that can kill all that oppose it................

http://www.rfmsports.com/SWC/News/_MG_1787%20(Small).JPG

Archived