6. danny boy- wagon (2005)

7. jay-d - wagon (2005)

8. SATSFYD -sedan (2006)

9. Eric - sedan (2008)

10. Drew888 (2008)

11. notthesnail - wagon (2006)

12. 12sechatch - wagon (2005)

13. Dade - sedan (2008)

I want in. The auto close on ign off is a great feature. I would also buy the same if you developed this for the windows.

Thx for the 2008 diagram! There are a couple subtle differences with the wagon on 05 and especially on 08. Seam like pointless changes of wire colors only but I don't understand why that would ever need to happen.

So I believe 05-06 will be the same (wouldn't mind an 06 diagram) but I'll probably want to test the prototype out one of each 06-09 sedans/wagons. If anyone is in the upstate/central NY area and willing to bring there car to Utica, NY, please let me know.

• Mega Users
wait i see a gb list and have no idear whats going on..... need to read a few pages back

i'm thinking 1 touch close but reading other options and i'm heading out soon ugh...

one touch open/close. ignition off auto close

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

1. Dujo - wagon (2005)

2. spec.b Dream - sedan (2008)

3. petecool - sedan (2008)

4. paintpollz - sedan (2007)

5. SCASEYS - sedan (2005)

7. jay-d - wagon (2005)

8. SATSFYD -sedan (2006)

9. Eric - sedan (2008)

10. Drew888 (2008)

13. Dade - sedan (2008)

14. dr_sharp - sedan (2007)

lol

Still looking at the $90 range including shipping (in the lower 48). It shall be feature rich however. I'm finishing up the code for all the features now and then must start testing but a preliminary feature list looks like this:

- 1 touch close

- close upon ignition off (with an override, also probably will be a programmable option to enable/disable this)

- if open is pressed when in tilted up position: automatically tilt down first, then open

- if tilt up is pressed when in open position: automatically close first, then tilt up

- (-)negative inputs to trigger an open or close to use with other aftermarket thingies (like alarm/remote starter)

- maybe a 1 touch open for wagons if wagon people want it (perhaps a programmable option)

1. Dujo - wagon (2005)

7. jay-d - wagon (2005)

8. SATSFYD -sedan (2006)

9. Eric - sedan (2008)

10. Drew888 (2008)

13. Dade - sedan (2008)

15. undergrounnd000 - sedan (2008)

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Question: For you wagon owners... Would you A) prefer to have a 1 touch open? Or B) leave open the way it is with 3 separate touches to open but 1 to close? If I understand correctly there is no "tilt" button at all on the wagons, correct?

There is one two-way switch. Move it back for any open movement, including tilt. Move it forward for any closing movement. Two-piece roof makes this possible.

If I had to choose, then one touch close. In an ideal world...

Hit it once, the front part tilts. Hit it again and it opens all the way, unless I hit it while it's moving. Then it stops.

And, from any point open or closed, if I hit and hold, then any stepped or auto command is suspended and the sunroof continues to open until I let go.

Keep dreaming, right?

Ha.. yes well thats what i was thinking too.. fiirst hit tilt, then 1 more for full open but thats a bit tricky cause theres no way to detect the position.. assumptions would have to be made... I dont really feel like solving that one at this point, especially cause I.ve got a sedan :-)

• Mega Users

since we are on the topic of sunroofs, does anyone know if you can change the glass on the sunroof without takin the whole assy apart?

I had a bunch of snow fall off the roof of my house in college and dented in the sunroof. I think its actually the glass itself that's dented in, it doesnt sit flush anymore, and the roof isnt dented (maybe I'll try to get a pic"

sorry for hijacking mikeyd

• Mega Users

1. Dujo - wagon (2005)

7. jay-d - wagon (2005)

8. SATSFYD -sedan (2006)

9. Eric - sedan (2008)

10. Drew888 (2008)

13. Dade - sedan (2008)

15. undergrounnd000 - sedan (2008)

since we are on the topic of sunroofs, does anyone know if you can change the glass on the sunroof without takin the whole assy apart?

I had a bunch of snow fall off the roof of my house in college and dented in the sunroof. I think its actually the glass itself that's dented in, it doesnt sit flush anymore, and the roof isnt dented (maybe I'll try to get a pic"

If I remember right the sunroof has adjustable mounts with shims. You need to take of the headliner to and look for the adjustment brackets with the gold like colored shims. You want to just loosen the nuts on all four corners and lightly push it up until it flush and then tighten down the nuts and run it thru an open and close cycle... put the headliner back in and you should be good 2 go.

Hope that helps.

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

I had something (looked like a baseball?) break the glass in my sunroof (it was still together, but cracked all over). Ordered a new "glass" piece for around $250 from subarupartswarehouse, installed it in an hour or two - very simple, just re-use the shims that are already there.

This is for a 2005 wagon. Sedan may be different.

Archived