LegacyGT.com

Sunroof mod

ncmx5

I love the size of the glass. It's a super cool window. The double is even cool and I love how it works in concert with my fairing when it's open, but I hate waiting for that sucker to crank. :)

At a recent meet, I had a couple people ask me if the sunroof was aftermarket. Nope. OEM. Love the wagon.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never even thought about the fact that sedan/wagon are different..

Yeah, it's the closing that matters - especially after I've already shut the car off.

With my Corrado, all I had to do was hold the key in the "lock door" position and it would close all windows + sunroof. That would be awesome...

Great explanation of the wagons sunroof operation :-). Thanks. I do believe (I would need to do a test of the wagons open/close switch to be sure) that my module would work for the wagon. I would just need to add an optional stage in my program for that additional press. My module detects and waits for the motor to stop running so the added length of time is not an issue. I must note that this does unfortunately increase the difficulty of installation by requiring that the sunroof module be popped out to get at the actual contacts on the motor, but its really not bad.

Yeah, it's the closing that matters - especially after I've already shut the car off.

With my Corrado, all I had to do was hold the key in the "lock door" position and it would close all windows + sunroof. That would be awesome...

Is the door-lock mechanism (Key Hole) purely mechanical or is it electronic? I've admittedly never used it...

BMW convertibles can drop the top with the key in the door... Awesome.

BMW convertibles can drop the top with the key in the door... Awesome.

Actually... my E46 M3 would do it with the fob. Press & hold unlock... voila. Windows open & top down. The downside is the fob only worked within a radius of about 12 feet.

Tits mcgee

Well I've got the parts in needed to assemble a "real" (non breadboard) version. But also just acquired a boat and have been spending a lot of time working on that lately. I'm going to leave the just spread out on my coffee table as motivation to get it finished. I'm certainly interested in giving back to this great online community so I will post a schematic and even the hex code for my microchip program. However, in order to make this one, you need to be familiar with PIC microchips and have a chip programmer. Alternatively I'm willing to make a small number of these things for a price (for parts and my time). If I make the modifications I mentioned earlier in the thread, how many people might be interested in purchasing one of these from me? I think the price would be somewhere between $60-$90. If interested someone start a numbered list with username - wagon/sedan (year).

• Mega Users
what about designing a simple ciruit that will auto-close the moonroof when you turn the car off as well?

volvo

It works, I've got a solution! Just need to move it from breadboard to a real circuit board. I'm also considering possibly adding features (if I really want to spend more time):

- auto-close on ign off

- auto tilt down when tilted up and "open" is pressed

- water sensing close (probably won't bother)

If this little device is to be installed up with the switches and motor, it's gotta be real small. So aside from the extra time, I have space limitations to consider.

Dude, awesome. Once finalized, consider it sold to this guy.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Mega Users
Well I've got the parts in needed to assemble a "real" (non breadboard) version. But also just acquired a boat and have been spending a lot of time working on that lately. I'm going to leave the just spread out on my coffee table as motivation to get it finished. I'm certainly interested in giving back to this great online community so I will post a schematic and even the hex code for my microchip program. However, in order to make this one, you need to be familiar with PIC microchips and have a chip programmer. Alternatively I'm willing to make a small number of these things for a price (for parts and my time). If I make the modifications I mentioned earlier in the thread, how many people might be interested in purchasing one of these from me? I think the price would be somewhere between $60-$90. If interested someone start a numbered list with username - wagon/sedan (year).

im in if we have ignition off auto close.

1. Dujo - wagon (2005)

2. spec.b Dream - sedan (2008)

3. petecool - sedan (2008)

4. paintpollz - sedan (2007)

• Mega Users

so peaceful.

1. Dujo - wagon (2005)

• Moderators

I just found this, don't know how it took me so long! Anyway, count me in.

1. Dujo - wagon (2005)

5. BarmanBean - wagon (2005)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Mega Users

i think this shit is so cool, how people know how to do this.

the gauge pod that block8head makes, so sick.

these kind of things are intellectually so far over my head, that I feel obligated to support the humans that can pull it off.

i think this shit is so cool, how people know how to do this.

the gauge pod that block8head makes, so sick.

these kind of things are intellectually so far over my head, that I feel obligated to support the humans that can pull it off.

I know the feeling. Certainly place myself on your side of the table. :cool:

Archived