LegacyGT.com

Sunroof mod

ncmx5

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me know what happens when you tarheels swap the switches out.

Hey I am going to stop by the dealer on the way home from work and see if the part numbers are the same for 05-09 LGTs sunroof buttons.

... born a Tarheel, aways a Tarheel no matter where you live!

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Let me know what happens when you tarheels swap the switches out.

Hey I am going to stop by the dealer on the way home from work and see if the part numbers are the same for 05-09 LGTs sunroof buttons.

... born a Tarheel, aways a Tarheel no matter where you live!

I'm actually a yankee, just living in this hell hole. :lol: And the other guy lives a little far away to make it doable (2.5 hrs). I'm gonna try and find a limited LGT'er closer. I know there are a couple here in GSO, but don't know any of them personally.

I'm actually a yankee, just living in this hell hole. :lol: And the other guy lives a little far away to make it doable (2.5 hrs). I'm gonna try and find a limited LGT'er closer. I know there are a couple here in GSO, but don't know any of them personally.

Hey I didn't say i liked it ... :rolleyes:

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

• 8 months later...
If someone wants to put together some PCB with a few timers, one could build a circuit that triggers on the de-assertion of the close button, and re-asserts the signal to finish closing it.

/555 timers

//FPGA?

///too lazy to design PCB, just hits the button twice

This is very doable people. Someone have a CMOS cookbook handy? A bounceless switch, 'And' gate chip, 555 timer chip, a cap and a pot, a transistor and relay and you are done... Of course you need an etching kit and a box to install it in... $20 bucks later and you will have your one touch SR closure. If the remote had a spare channel you could integrate that into the sunroof as well. Any EE geeks with alot of spare time on their hands?

That would be funny to used one of those in our car and not a green board. I think the last time I used one of those was in class back in 2002!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived