• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

My 2008 LGT 5EAT has had several issues that come and go:

1. Rattles in dash/glovebox/sunroof

2. Groaning rear suspension

3. Pops from the front suspension

4. Clicking shift-lock mechanism (fixed myself)

5. Front wheel squeel (happened only twice)

6. Transmission learns how to shift like crap unless babied (Used TSB to get reflash done, about to take it in again)

7. Driver window sometimes pops when rolling up

8 Typical Subaru turbo stutter/lag at take-off

The good? Love AWD, the style inside and out, uniqueness factor, ride quality, top safety pick, did I mention the styling of the 08's?

I have plenty to complain about on a $32,000 car with 8k on the clock, but I know writing a letter to SOA would let me vent, but wouldn't rectify anything. I applaud you for taking more steps than I would, but unless NBC's Dateline wants to do a story on pissed off 2008 Subaru owners, they aren't going to do anything that threatens their finances. Someone mentioned the follow-up letter a lot of us get after a purchase or service, and it is true a dealer gets directly blasted if SOA gets a negative survey. I had something bad to say about the purchase experience on my 2006, and the salesman literally got reprimanded by it.

Don't get me wrong, if Subaru wants to buy back my 2008 and I walk away from the loan on a clean slate I won't argue but I'm pretty sure shes mine for a good while.

Carter believes he has a problem with his car.

He wrote a long, long, long letter to SOA. He told SOA he installed some intake parts. (He really doesn't know how to bitch/threaten very well.)

Subaru of America blew him off.

If he really had a case, he'd have a lawyer take care of it.

He doesn't, so he won't.

P.S.: He's also claimed his center console melted "for no reason".
For real ? :lol::lol:

It's probably small comfort to those of you who have the hesitation problem, but Porsche is doing something much worse in dealing with problems on the Boxster. There's an inherent manufacturing defect in the Boxster engine that can cause it to fail with pretty low mileage. Multiple cases have been reported on the Boxster board at mileage that can be as low as 11-13K. Very often the car is out of warranty, it's worth around $20K and an engine replacement can run $10-14K. (For that price, you get a remanufactured engine installed by the geniuses at your local Porsche dealer.) If the dealer likes the color of the shirt you're wearing that day, he may agree to pay for part of the repair or nothing at all. It's bad enough feeling that you're getting ripped off for a car that costs in the low 30s. Imagine what it's like when the sticker price is in the 60s!

Carter,

It makes me sad that someone gets treated by this company like this. I had problems with my 04 Baja Turbo and they constantly could not find the problem. The problem was when the ambient temp was 80+ and going up hill on a windy road it would overheat. I finally got fed up with it and called it a lemon and SOA imidatally came back with a option that made it worth it to get my LGT. Much happier now.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

They don't give a shit about their customers....That's just sad.. Not the real Japanese way of treating customers....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Send them a Bonsai tree and tell them the ^^^^-off!! :p

* I did read your letter and it does suck that it seems your just getting the ring-around :spin:.

I'm not sure what type of problems the new 08's LGTs have, but from one of the poster above said that it seems to be a issue with some of you guys. I think you might need to tally up on all these forums (legacys) and get civil action suit that maybe they need to recall this issue. Not sure if they will, but have you asked the Stealership if they had customers with these same issues? Maybe get those customers contact info so you can address this.

Or just do what a lot of other people do when they have issues w/ a vehicle that the dealership / manufacture; get rid of it! Trade it in and get something else.

I am not sure, but has the engine design change from 07 to 08 models? If so, I would never, ever buy a vehicle its first year coming out (if this is the case)

Good luck and sorry about these issues you are having. If it was me, I would sell it, trade it or wreck the POS into the ditch!

:cool:

I dont stutter in the winter

are we SURE this isn't a phenomenon related to turbocharged vehicles and high humidity/warmer temp levels?

1. i'll ask again (as another poster above asked but was ignored) if wrx's experience stutter? if no, what is different about their set-up?

2. does the 3.0 h6 experience stutter? if no, do they use a different "drive-by-wire" or MAF sensor system or the same?

3. i have seen on other forums owners of non-subaru turbo vehicles complaining of stutter, with symptoms seeming to increase in summer and decrease in winter. this is not unique to subarus. coincidence?

i have read lots of posts that claim very different reasons as to the cause, and each one acts like it is the definitive answer. if you think you have the answer, can you please include in your response why symptoms of stutter appear to increase during warmer months.

are we SURE this isn't a phenomenon related to turbocharged vehicles and high humidity/warmer temp levels?

1. i'll ask again (as another poster above asked but was ignored) if wrx's experience stutter? if no, what is different about their set-up?

2. does the 3.0 h6 experience stutter? if no, do they use a different "drive-by-wire" or MAF sensor system or the same?

3. i have seen on other forums owners of non-subaru turbo vehicles complaining of stutter, with symptoms seeming to increase in summer and decrease in winter. this is not unique to subarus. coincidence?

i have read lots of posts that claim very different reasons as to the cause, and each one acts like it is the definitive answer. if you think you have the answer, can you please include in your response why symptoms of stutter appear to increase during warmer months.

Has anyone tried a ground strap? My buddies WRX was running like ass and I took one off my RX-7 (1" thick) and problem went away. I have an 08 N/A Legacy and no issues yet... My buddies 07 LGT (same guy who owned the WRX) is having the hesitation. I'm bet'n it might help. Weather temps have a HUGE effect on voltage. My MoTec parameters vary allot on the RX-7.

It's probably small comfort to those of you who have the hesitation problem, but Porsche is doing something much worse in dealing with problems on the Boxster. There's an inherent manufacturing defect in the Boxster engine that can cause it to fail with pretty low mileage. Multiple cases have been reported on the Boxster board at mileage that can be as low as 11-13K. Very often the car is out of warranty, it's worth around $20K and an engine replacement can run $10-14K. (For that price, you get a remanufactured engine installed by the geniuses at your local Porsche dealer.) If the dealer likes the color of the shirt you're wearing that day, he may agree to pay for part of the repair or nothing at all. It's bad enough feeling that you're getting ripped off for a car that costs in the low 30s. Imagine what it's like when the sticker price is in the 60s!
People here rank on the Domestics all the time. But when my mother's 1992 Sable overheated due to a design problem, Ford replaced the engine with a remanufactured one for the price of fluids and shop towels - $78.

By contrast, SOA denies there's any problem with Gen I or Gen II head gaskets, even though there are over 300 threads on ultimatesubaru about head gasket problems. I wonder if in another year or two the Gen III 2.5's will start popping head gaskets as well.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 5 months later...

Archived