LegacyGT.com

My Letter'S To Subaru LONG

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No letter today.

A Side note:

On the way home tonight, im doing 35 in a 35 zone, then it immediately changes to 50. So in the 35 zone, a Toyota Camry (Last model, not the latest) comes up on my ass fast. I knew he was going to try to pass me when we hit the 50 zone. The temps outside 43 degrees F. Now I dont know if this Camry was a 4 cyl or a V6, but I could not pull on it. He stayed almost next to me the whole time until he finally let off. Where is the power on this frigin car?!? I dont get it, I really dont get it.

Make them swap you a 5MT :p

A Side note:

On the way home tonight, im doing 35 in a 35 zone, then it immediately changes to 50. So in the 35 zone, a Toyota Camry (Last model, not the latest) comes up on my ass fast. I knew he was going to try to pass me when we hit the 50 zone. The temps outside 43 degrees F. Now I dont know if this Camry was a 4 cyl or a V6, but I could not pull on it. He stayed almost next to me the whole time until he finally let off.

It was V6.....those things are pretty decent.

Where is the power on this frigin car?!?

You bought a 5EAT. Quickness only comes standard when you buy the 5MT.

UPDATE

I recieved a response today in the mail. Well of course it wasnt the response I was expecting so here it is....and its a bunch of BS.

Dear Mr Brainerd

Subaru of America, inc. (SOA) is in receipt of your second letter dated October 23, 2007, regarding the above referenced vehicle.

We have been advised by Maine Mall Subaru that your vehicle came in on October 22, 2007, for a check engine light concern. The dealers inspection revealed the improper installation of an aftermarket cold air intake and the stock air intake box. Additionally the dealership also noted that the mass air flow sensor was not connected. Based on the dealers findings, your concern would not be related to a defect in manufacturing.

We regret to inform you that SOA's position as stated in our letter dated October 17, 2007, remains the same. Thank you for contacting SOA and allowing us to review this matter with you.

Sincerely Gerilyn Carr

Team Leader

A. the aftermarket CAI remark is a bunch of BS. I told the dealership when the tech came to inspect my vehicle that I put the stock intake back on so everything would be stock. Where the $#%^ do they get "improper installation" The dealer never had the car in their posession with the CAI. They never knew I had it until I mentioned it. Oh and it was the stupid POS SPT Intake....

B. the stock intake is installed correctly. How can you screw that up? There is nothing wrong with it

C. the MAS was never disconnected. I pulled the codes before I even called roadside assistance and "MAS voltage too low" made a little light in my head come on *DING* check the MAS connection. There was nothing wrong with it. The leads were fine, its a brand freakin new sensor.

Im taking pictures now of everything that is defective on the vehicle and my final oportunity to repair letter is going out high priority, next day, delivery confirmation, $10000 insured. It still amazes me nothing is said about safety issues.

No letter today.

A Side note:

On the way home tonight, im doing 35 in a 35 zone, then it immediately changes to 50. So in the 35 zone, a Toyota Camry (Last model, not the latest) comes up on my ass fast. I knew he was going to try to pass me when we hit the 50 zone. The temps outside 43 degrees F. Now I dont know if this Camry was a 4 cyl or a V6, but I could not pull on it. He stayed almost next to me the whole time until he finally let off. Where is the power on this frigin car?!? I dont get it, I really dont get it.

Dude.....

New Camry V6 is 270hp...

250 just aint much anymore...

No letter today.

A Side note:

Carter- You seriously need to get rid of your car. You're the biggest Suby hater here and you have nothing but problems with your car. Sometimes I believe in car karma...if you're always hatin' on your car, maybe it gets mad at you and needs another owner.

Yeah, but Camry is so much heavier....yet so much more fuel efficient. Hmmm...

Actually the top of the line camry V6 is lighter. 3,415.0 lbs LGT vs 3,218.7 lbs Camry XLE V6. And it only came with 225 HP 22 TQ in the 3.3 liter. Even less in the 3.0 liter. The LE 4 cyl was 3,086 lbs.

Carter- You seriously need to get rid of your car. You're the biggest Suby hater here and you have nothing but problems with your car. Sometimes I believe in car karma...if you're always hatin' on your car, maybe it gets mad at you and needs another owner.

And obviously SOA and the dealership are feeling the same hate.;)

fixed.

If you've ever driven the ES you'd know that it drives quite well. Especially for entry level luxury. However, I wouldn't expect to much from an ES or a Camry. They are sedans, family movers. Not sports sedans.

Actually the top of the line camry V6 is lighter. 3,415.0 lbs LGT vs 3,218.7 lbs Camry XLE V6. And it only came with 225 HP 22 TQ in the 3.3 liter. Even less in the 3.0 liter. The LE 4 cyl was 3,086 lbs.

I thought we were talking about the new Camry, with the 270 hp V6. It weights 3461 lbs. Actually a bit lighter than I thought it would be.

If you've ever driven the ES you'd know that it drives quite well. Especially for entry level luxury. However, I wouldn't expect to much from an ES or a Camry. They are sedans, family movers. Not sports sedans.

I thought we were talking about the new Camry, with the 270 hp V6. It weights 3461 lbs. Actually a bit lighter than I thought it would be.

lol no :lol: Ive been saying a few times, not the NEW one, the last model. 2002-2006.

Archived