LegacyGT.com

My Letter'S To Subaru LONG

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, I wasnt ignoring you. I am stuck between getting rid of the car and finding something practical that I like. AWD is a must. I would like it to be in the same price range if possible. I just dont see anything out there. I am definately staying away from VAG.

UPDATE

I recieved a response today in the mail. Well of course it wasnt the response I was expecting so here it is....and its a bunch of BS.

Dear Mr Brainerd

Subaru of America, inc. (SOA) is in receipt of your second letter dated October 23, 2007, regarding the above referenced vehicle.

We have been advised by Maine Mall Subaru that your vehicle came in on October 22, 2007, for a check engine light concern. The dealers inspection revealed the improper installation of an aftermarket cold air intake and the stock air intake box. Additionally the dealership also noted that the mass air flow sensor was not connected. Based on the dealers findings, your concern would not be related to a defect in manufacturing.

We regret to inform you that SOA's position as stated in our letter dated October 17, 2007, remains the same. Thank you for contacting SOA and allowing us to review this matter with you.

Sincerely Gerilyn Carr

Team Leader

A. the aftermarket CAI remark is a bunch of BS. I told the dealership when the tech came to inspect my vehicle that I put the stock intake back on so everything would be stock. Where the $#%^ do they get "improper installation" The dealer never had the car in their posession with the CAI. They never knew I had it until I mentioned it. Oh and it was the stupid POS SPT Intake....

B. the stock intake is installed correctly. How can you screw that up? There is nothing wrong with it

C. the MAS was never disconnected. I pulled the codes before I even called roadside assistance and "MAS voltage too low" made a little light in my head come on *DING* check the MAS connection. There was nothing wrong with it. The leads were fine, its a brand freakin new sensor.

Im taking pictures now of everything that is defective on the vehicle and my final oportunity to repair letter is going out high priority, next day, delivery confirmation, $10000 insured. It still amazes me nothing is said about safety issues.

I would consider yourself lucky that the dealer didn't bill you for their time. I know my dealer would have if they were correcting issues being caused by non-OEM customer installed performance parts.

Like others have suggested, I would sell the car and move on.

I would consider yourself lucky that the dealer didn't bill you for their time. I know my dealer would have if they were correcting issues being caused by non-OEM customer installed performance parts.

Like others have suggested, I would sell the car and move on.

The dealer never had the car in their posession with the CAI. They never knew I had it until I mentioned it.

In other words they never knew I had it on before until I told them I did.

Sorry, I wasnt ignoring you. I am stuck between getting rid of the car and finding something practical that I like. AWD is a must. I would like it to be in the same price range if possible. I just dont see anything out there. I am definately staying away from VAG.

Infiniti EX35 is coming out in a month.

A. the aftermarket CAI remark is a bunch of BS. I told the dealership when the tech came to inspect my vehicle that I put the stock intake back on so everything would be stock. Where the $#%^ do they get "improper installation" The dealer never had the car in their posession with the CAI. They never knew I had it until I mentioned it. Oh and it was the stupid POS SPT Intake....

B. the stock intake is installed correctly. How can you screw that up? There is nothing wrong with it

C. the MAS was never disconnected. I pulled the codes before I even called roadside assistance and "MAS voltage too low" made a little light in my head come on *DING* check the MAS connection. There was nothing wrong with it. The leads were fine, its a brand freakin new sensor.

Im taking pictures now of everything that is defective on the vehicle and my final oportunity to repair letter is going out high priority, next day, delivery confirmation, $10000 insured. It still amazes me nothing is said about safety issues.

I don't see anything wrong with their reply. They're getting their information from their dealer and unless you have proof which states otherwise, they'll be forced to take their word over yours.

Do you have any pics, repair orders, etc. which refutes this claim? If so, maybe you should include those instead of a list of defective items.

I told you! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

His final letter is going out "High Priority!"

Insured for $10,000!

By the way, I noticed that Carter informed the dealership that he had modified his car. This can only get better!

You should know better. Stay on topic.

Have you taken a look at my logs? I made a thread pertaining to them.

Do yourself a favour and check out the Infiniti G35X. Drives like a dream, with horsepower to spare and superb handling. Get the sport model, which has upgraded suspension, 18" wheels and tires, as well as upgraded seats and you get a sweet 5 speed auto that really shifts nicely.

Starts in the mid 30's if I'm not mistaken. Gets a little pricier when you load on the tech options. Go for a test drive and price one out. It will definately be a heck of a lot cheaper than the M5, and if you want to squeeze a little more performance out of it I have heard of twin turbo kits you can get; but that's a whole different story (bye bye warranty).

Good luck!

Insured for $10,000!

By the way, I noticed that Carter informed the dealership that he had modified his car. This can only get better!

I have to admit, that part is kind of funny :)

Insured for $10,000!

With a Subaru approved SPT intake and heatshield. They even claim higher HP and TQ with that intake. They cant come back at me for that...

With a Subaru approved SPT intake and heatshield. They even claim higher HP and TQ with that intake. They cant come back at me for that...

I shall continue to be civil:

Uh, they did "come back" at you for that! (See letter from SOA addressed to you and posted by you above.) Here's a clue: The dealer has already documented your stellar workmanship to SOA.:spin:

Why don't you just set fire to your car and collect the insurance?

Archived