LegacyGT.com

My Letter'S To Subaru LONG

First of all Pal, your letters to SOA were long, boring and displayed weakness. What was all that crap about knowing they are busy, but ....?

Second of all, if you got half as mad with SOA in your dealings with them as you did with my post they probably wouldn't have put you on their ignore list.

Third, learn to write short letters. If you don't, the Attorney General will ignore you, too!

Fourth, I expect no fewer than four drafts prior to a final response to this post.

(Let's see if Carter found the ignore button.)

Quit trashing threads for no reason

lol

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all Pal, your letters to SOA were long, boring and displayed weakness. What was all that crap about knowing they are busy, but ....?

Second of all, if you got half as mad with SOA in your dealings with them as you did with my post they probably wouldn't have put you on their ignore list.

Third, learn to write short letters. If you don't, the Attorney General will ignore you, too!

Fourth, I expect no fewer than four drafts prior to a final response to this post.

(Let's see if Carter found the ignore button.)

I dont want my thread to be closed so I'm going to be mature about it and not say anything negative to you. Please though, if you have nothing good to say than stay out.

Somebody needs to gather some objective data that can't be simply ignored.

Buy a cable from www.tactrix.com

Get Enginuity from www.enginuity.org and learn to use the logger.

Without knowing what the problem is, it's hard to exactly what needs to be logged, but perhaps the existence of the problem could be proven by just logging a few basic parameters like AFR, RPM, MAF, MPH, and throttle pedal.

If you can show MAF or AFR fluctuating wildly while the car is being driven with reasonable speed and constant throttle, then it will be harder for SOA to claim there's nothing wrong. If 10 people can show that, then so much the better.

<goad>

If you won't spend $80 and a couple hours to investigate this, then it must not be very significant.

</goad>

I'm surprised at SoA's reaction to this.

I've submitted a few surveys regarding my customer experience with the dealer (Subaru of Gwinnett, Ga.) and if I entered any response that was negative, SoA came down on them. I'd get a phone call from the dealer asking me what they could do better.

I do have a tactrix cable and enginuity. I have plotted the graphs but I just need to scan them. Its hard for me to compare and see a definite problem. upon 100% throttle the boost (Manifold pressure) will spike at ~15 PSI and taper down some, its not completely smooth but I dont know what it SHOULD look like as I have nothing to compare it to. I need a "control car" which I dont have. A/F ratios are a little wierd, and engine load doesnt stay at 100% with throttle at 100%.

Try writing to the local newspaper.. up in Toronto we have a column in our wheels section where readers can publicly post their issues with a manufacturer/dealer and the paper will get in touch with them directly for comment.

Try writing to the local newspaper.. up in Toronto we have a column in our wheels section where readers can publicly post their issues with a manufacturer/dealer and the paper will get in touch with them directly for comment.

I've seen it escalate so far where the news team will apprach the dealership with a camera crew and ultimately get the consumer's request filled without much hesitation on the dealerships part (or other's non-compliant party).

The video camera is an extremely powerful utility, especially in these situations!

I've seen it escalate so far where the news team will apprach the dealership with a camera crew and ultimately get the consumer's request filled without much hesitation on the dealerships part (or other's non-compliant party).

The video camera is an extremely powerful utility, especially in these situations!

Make a youtube video and send a link to Autoblog so the whole world can see the issue with your car.

No letter today.

A Side note:

On the way home tonight, im doing 35 in a 35 zone, then it immediately changes to 50. So in the 35 zone, a Toyota Camry (Last model, not the latest) comes up on my ass fast. I knew he was going to try to pass me when we hit the 50 zone. The temps outside 43 degrees F. Now I dont know if this Camry was a 4 cyl or a V6, but I could not pull on it. He stayed almost next to me the whole time until he finally let off. Where is the power on this frigin car?!? I dont get it, I really dont get it.

No letter today.

A Side note:

On the way home tonight, im doing 35 in a 35 zone, then it immediately changes to 50. So in the 35 zone, a Toyota Camry (Last model, not the latest) comes up on my ass fast. I knew he was going to try to pass me when we hit the 50 zone. The temps outside 43 degrees F. Now I dont know if this Camry was a 4 cyl or a V6, but I could not pull on it. He stayed almost next to me the whole time until he finally let off. Where is the power on this frigin car?!? I dont get it, I really dont get it.

Way to be safe...

lol

Archived